Which license do I need?

I am looking at creating a website that sells t-shirts, mugs, and the like that we create. Do we need a regular license or an extended license?

My understanding is that as long as I’m not selling access to part of the website or incorporating the website into part of what I am selling, then I am fine with the regular cheaper license. A co-worker however believes that if the site is designed to sell a product at all then it needs the expensive license.


Standard ecommerce websites only require a regular license :grin:

Thank you very much. There’s a part of the FAQ my coworker is quoting that made things very confusing. Specifically:

I am planning to use the item in a product that I will sell. Which license do I need?

If the item is part of a product for sale, you need the Extended License.

Example: A game or t-shirt for sale

That would be if the item is being used in the t-shirt itself. Like a graphic. Not a website that is selling t-shirts.

That was what I said. Thank you.

1 Like