Where do you want to live and why this country better your country?

CodingJack said
volumens said

Sounds like everyone wants to go to the US. I live so close to the US and I haven’t gone and probably wont ever go. I just don’t like their culture… their plastic, obese and consumerist culture.

It’s always interesting to me when authors here trash the U.S. considering that it’s the largest market here on Envato.

It is also interesting that someone could criticize a country while admitting he’s never been there. I wouldn’t write a country off based on what I saw on TV or read on the internet.

dekurvajo, ok that is your idealistic point of view. But if we speak from pragmatic point of view you can’t disagree that there are people who left their countries to find something that can be called happiness and that means for example job, home, human rights, possibility to develop their knowledge and potential, acceptance of their difference because they did not have possibilities for that in their countries. There are really “hell” and “heaven” on Earth when we compare lives in different countries according to human rights and economic standard.

For anyone who doesn’t want to see the obese side of America: come to Portland Oregon!

dekurvajo said

Because traveling teach you for those things what you can not learn from books, school, or any media. For me, its became more than an adventure. It’s teach you how to be determined but not stubborn, self-motivation is became a must. And it could be often risky as well, but it can reminds you how fragile you are, and its force you humility. Traveling is really change your life, and your relationship to this world. Nothing will ever again be black or white, good or bad. it gives you a real immunity against absolutism. And its a damn good feeling when you experience what does it mean when you really love other people, without greed, envy, or self-interest.

Oh man I understand what you mean +1000 :slight_smile:

GrizzleFX said

For anyone who doesn’t want to see the obese side of America: come to Portland Oregon!

Grizzle, I was seriously thinking about Oregon. The problem is, having the visa for long term, its getting more and more strict in your country. But Oregon is still on my list anyway.

@rayoflightt: The people who you are talking are’t travellers. But refugees.

I like the place where I live, may be I don’t travel enough to compare other places. If you have too many things to compare… well we have very short life to compare and then decide certain things.

CodingJack said
volumens said

Sounds like everyone wants to go to the US. I live so close to the US and I haven’t gone and probably wont ever go. I just don’t like their culture… their plastic, obese and consumerist culture.

It’s always interesting to me when authors here trash the U.S. considering that it’s the largest market here on Envato.

We need to consider that this thread posted under “Global Off Topic”, so we should forget about business for a while :smiley:

And regarding plastic, obesity and consumerism, I see those even inside poverty, it is a global issue :frowning:

Live in Ukraine. Dream of Australia or Canada. Dream of cultural community.

When I was a kid I loved to watch Steves Irvin dosumentaries and I always wantet to be hunter of snakes in Australia:D

I left Spain at the age of 17, went to England to study mainly English and then my degree and masters. Spent there 8 and a half years in total. But I was quite sick of the ever lasting winter, grey skies, and English bureaucratic crap.
So a friend and I took a globe ( the ones you usually find on a classroom of geography) we spun it round, and made it stop by pointing blindly on it. My finger stopped the globe in Bangkok, and His in Panama. After a discussion we decided to move to Bangkok, and so here I been for 4 years now going for the fifth, and loving it. :slight_smile:

tiberiualexander said

Since my old friends have dissapointed me, I can’t make any new friends.

this fortunately is wrong. :slight_smile: Don’t be afraid of making new friends.

In any other country! I accept suggestions!!! :slight_smile:

We (Honduras, my country) are on the top ten, position #5 and #1 :expressionless:

CodingJack said
volumens said

that is so very true :slight_smile: i live here in the usa… i would never live in any other country but i would maybe visit though only other place i have been to is canada

MNKY said

Home, travel the world, but always return home :slight_smile:

a big +1 to that! :slight_smile:

I’d like to travel to different countries for 9 out of 10 months. But when I come across the field ‘permanent address’ in a form, I’d always want to write the address of my hometown.

Depard said

When I was a kid I loved to watch Steves Irvin dosumentaries and I always wantet to be hunter of snakes in Australia:D

You should listen to this :wink:

Australian Tourist Advert

dekurvajo said

@rayoflightt: The people who you are talking are’t travellers. But refugees.

I would rather call them immigrants.

Australia said
Depard said

You should listen to this :wink:

Australian Tourist Advert

)) I would like to visit Australia, you have the amazing flora and fauna

As a Minority… Feeling insecure in my country ( Bangladesh ) all the time right now… :frowning:

Don’t know what to do…