Where do you want to live and why this country better your country?

Any liberal country with good standard. Western Europe, Scandinavia or maybe New Zealand or Australia because of weather.

jordie said
CipheredDesigns said

Jordie are you sure?? The sky is always grey in Germany. Every single day…

I’m strange. I like gloomy weather. I really like rainy weather. The sun annoys me here a lot. Makes it hard to do anything. I sweat too easily (and i’m not even fat) so every summer (and sometimes winter) is one big sweat-fest for me. I do appreciate blue skies, but the sun is too darn harsh.

Ok buddy, I understand your point of view. Just drop a mail when you are in Germany next time and we might share our thoughts about the german grey sky with a german beer or two :wink:

I’d like to live in Aruba. It’s a 15 minutes flight from where I live.

I’m from the US, and it’s nice here. People criticize our consumerist culture, but it is hard to criticize the freedom you have here (e.g. free speech, right to a fair trial). While it would be nice to live somewhere like Singapore, I could never give up my rights. So any country I pick would have to be similar the US, like Australia, NZ, the UK, etc. I’ve been to 30 countries and I haven’t found one I’d leave the US for.

I would love to move to Teneriffa. I’ve read many things about those islands and also meet people who lives there. Seems to be perfect for me. Lots of sun, sea, beach, friendly people, great climate, acceptable internet connection, not too expensive. Altough I’m not looking for the most cheapest place, but I prefer something far from the big cities, with a better lifestyle (but still with some markets, education, bars,…)

infuse01 said

I would love to move to Teneriffa. I’ve read many things about those islands and also meet people who lives there. Seems to be perfect for me. Lots of sun, sea, beach, friendly people, great climate, acceptable internet connection, not too expensive. Altough I’m not looking for the most cheapest place, but I prefer something far from the big cities, with a better lifestyle (but still with some markets, education, bars,…)

Lanzarote is gorgeous, especially Costa Teguise. I have been to all of the islands, and whilst Fuerteventura is really nice, Lanzarote is exceptional.

No way I’ll leave Brazil for any place in the world :slight_smile:

Everyone here shares a common sense of freedom and pride.

You guys may know our country just for the “samba” or “soccer”, but trust me, we have way way more than that.

If you ever in life have a chance to come here, don’t miss it, you’ll feel very welcome here.

I can feel an Envato Lifeswap event. Members come and stay with another member for a week, and then the favour is returned. I’d happily trade with someone for a week in the sun, ha!

volumens said

Sounds like everyone wants to go to the US. I live so close to the US and I haven’t gone and probably wont ever go. I just don’t like their culture… their plastic, obese and consumerist culture.

Why are you over simplifying so much? America is a big place, there’s a lot more to it than that.

I’m happy in Russia. Great country. But i like traveling to many other nice places.

Best regards
Andrey

I left Italy when I was 21 because I felt that I had to grow up and see what’s going on out there, so I went to Australia for 1 year. Came back to Italy, got a girlfriend for an year and a half, broke up, so I left again for New Zealand for another year. Got back to Italy for 5 months and then left again cos I got an awsome photography job opportunity in South East Asia. Now I’m in Italy since 2 weeks and I have to say I’m really happy to be here! I’ve been away for too long and I felt a bit homesick, family&friends always make me come back!! :slight_smile:
I think I will never be able to pack and just move without coming back never again!
But let’s say that the world is too awsome to spend a whole life in the same place!

I live in Romania and there are some things I like about my country, but I really don’t want to die here. I want to live in another country and I want to do that as soon as possible. I have the strange feeling that I don’t belong here. There is almost nothing that makes me happy here. My best friends have forgotten me, altough I really did my best to keep in touch with them after we finished highschool. I don’t have any close relatives that I care about, except my parents and a cousin, but he also wants to leave Romania. I really hate my college. I also hate the city I moved in for the college (Bucharest). I almost got bitten by dogs this week (it happened twice in only one week). Since my old friends have dissapointed me, I can’t make any new friends.

I would really like to live in Viena (Austria), Switzerland, Norway or Canada, but the living is quite expensive in these countries, so for now I’m stuck here. There are many things I like about these countries: they are not heavily industrialized nor polluted, the quality of the services is top notch, I love their climate, I love their nature.

volumens said

Sounds like everyone wants to go to the US. I live so close to the US and I haven’t gone and probably wont ever go. I just don’t like their culture… their plastic, obese and consumerist culture.

It’s always interesting to me when authors here trash the U.S. considering that it’s the largest market here on Envato.

I love living in my country. Sometimes I’ll have a moan (about the weather/ the Government/ traffic/ tax) but then at least I know if I or my family get ill we can (eventually!) see a doctor get hospital treatment etc. If we fall on hard times we will not end up in the gutter unlike in many other countries.

When I hear about that poor 15 year old girl from the Maldives who was raped by her own stepfather but is punished with 100 lashes and many months under house arrest in a children’s home, for alleged sex before marriage, I am elated to live in a country that is not positively medieval and considers men and women to be equal. That sort of thing just disgusts me.

Ivor said

I’d like to live in Aruba. It’s a 15 minutes flight from where I live.

I would like to spend a holiday here.

Ok, i saw somebody [a friend of mine ;)] mentioned Tuvalu here so, here i am to put clean water into the glass. Tuvalu is obviously a joke in my profile. But the tropical island (under the palmtree) was true. In 2011 i went to the Philippines and moved to a tiny place near Negros. And this was not a billionaire guy’s trip at all. And the concept of the paradise also a bit more saturated than the reality. I also use to live in Greece, Hungary, traveled to Middle-east, North Africa, and off course all around Europe. Germany,Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Slovakia, Uk, Guernsey, Italy, Corsica, Sardinia. At the moment im living in China. And yes, im doing this all from Freelancing, and Envato earnings. Anyway thats enough about me, i just write this down to understand what im telling now:

If you want to relocate because you are looking for happiness, stop now. Happiness is’t live in an another country but in your heart. And once you find it, or just accept it (!) Does’t matter where you are. What is matter how you share. I dont want to seems like a wisdom guy, im just a techno hobo with a laptop. I just looks like any common people on the street. But i am traveling around the world since 2006.

dekurvajo said
If you want to relocate because you are looking for happiness, stop now. Happiness is't live in an another country but in your heart. And once you find it, or just accept it (!) Does't matter where you are. What is matter how you share.

this is what i tried to say but wasnt able to! +1

USA, but I will always return back as well. I just want to see how is life in the States and would love to live in London as well.

dekurvajo said

If you want to relocate because you are looking for happiness, stop now. Happiness is’t live in an another country but in your heart. And once you find it, or just accept it (!) Does’t matter where you are. What is matter how you share. I dont want to seems like a wisdom guy, im just a techno hobo with a laptop. I just looks like any common people on the street. But i am traveling around the world since 2006.

So then why are you traveling?

Because traveling teach you for those things what you can not learn from books, school, or any media. For me, its became more than an adventure. It’s teach you how to be determined but not stubborn, self-motivation is became a must. And it could be often risky as well, but it can reminds you how fragile you are, and its force you humility. Traveling is really change your life, and your relationship to this world. Nothing will ever again be black or white, good or bad. it gives you a real immunity against absolutism. And its a damn good feeling when you experience what does it mean when you really love other people, without greed, envy, or self-interest.