What software should I learn ?

Bare in mind Cubase comes with a usb dongle that you need to use it

What you mean ?

When you buy it the license is on a usb stick that you need to have plugged in when you run the program. It will only cause problems if you are running out of usb ports, or worse, it breaks :anguished:

ok, thanks.

Cubase 8 Pro here. Is one of the most stable DAW in the world. I suggest you to watch some tutorial video. In the last 14 years, I use Fl Studio, Reason, Pro Tools, Cubase, Ableton Live etcā€¦ You get the same quality from any DAW but for composing Cubase is one of the most easy to work, for big production I recommend Pro Tools.

What about Adobe Audition ?
Adobe Audition used for ?

Š”onditionally free!
You can use the full functionality after the trial period!

Yes, but it will be considered that you use it illegally. This is printed in terms and conditions. Its not a donationware. Its just a nice gesture of the devs to keep program working after a trial period.
Its still 60 bucks though which is very cheap anyway.

However i would not recommend REAPER as first DAW for the person who just starting from a complete zero knowledge (as i understand from arnabkumar posts). REAPER is great and very deep software with a lot of functionality. But it could be overwhelmed for the beginner.

1 Like

as the most simple seems to me to learn it ā€œStudio Oneā€

Yes! Totally agree with you!

Iā€™m a Cubase user too, and I would like to point out a very important thing - itā€™s a great DAW but itā€™s missing one big thing - good sounds! If you try to make anything for AJ with instruments included in the package, you will be dissappointed. Iā€™m always frustrated when I come to my girlfriendā€™s room and hear how her (free!!) Garage Band sounds better than my music, which I spent a few thousand $$ for. I donā€™t know whatā€™s the story with other DAWā€™s, but really - your DAW is just the beginning, the instruments is what makes the difference.

Iā€™m of those rare ones who use Adobe Audition :slight_smile: but pretty satisfied with it. Great software for mixing, mastering, recording, sound design the video etcā€¦ I combine it with FL Studio.

You are right, didnā€™t think it clearly. @arnabkumar forget about Reaper :smiley:

1 Like

What you mean ? Are you FL studeo user ? Can you give me a little workfolw for software use ?

I use Ableton Live. I recommend you that or FL Studio, as they are very easy to use, just with the mouse you can start creating. (well, you can do that with every DAW :stuck_out_tongue: )
Everyone will recommend a DAW regarding their taste and experience. Perhaps watching some tutorials would help.

For example ,this are some random tutorials

FL STUDIO

Something similar for ableton

Do I need anything except Fl studio ?

It depends on which version you buy, I am not expert on the subject, FLProducer Edition comes with several plugins and instruments. You can definitely start with that, learn the workflow and then you can continue getting plugins.

Some useful links
If you are into corporate music, you can also download the free version of Kontakt and buy some additional instruments at Wavesfactory
An here some free plugins

Thanksā€¦

hi, @arnabkumar i have a stupid question ā€¦ do u have any skills about music in the first place ? bcose i guess that if u think that learning to use an app if u do not possess music skills in the first place is quite ambitious ā€¦

cool, u are a multi terrain guy ā€¦