What is the Audiojungle review queue length now?

This is crazy.Totaly ruined my schedule.

Yeah, about 9.5 days for me.

Almost 9 here and waiting. Honestly, I don’t have a problem with them taking long to review items, but I wish they would let you choose when it’s released to the market. Like if they take 10 days and it’s gonna be approved on a Sunday, maybe give you the choice of waiting until Monday or Tuesday morning to release it. I know it might not be possible, but that would be nice.

2 Likes

Currently 9+ days. Plan accordingly! :thumbsup:

9.5 still waitin ! :smiley:

I would think 90% would choose monday then and as a result every new item would get 5 minutes exposure on the frontpage.
I would want to have it online as soon as its reviewed as I never sells the track while its on the frontpage anyway… :slight_smile:

Yeah you’re right. I guess I shouldn’t worry much about when an item is approved. I just gotta keep pumping tracks out and stop waiting for my last one to get approved.

Exactly, you can’t win. :smile:

As Hyperprod says - if we could choose, everyone would choose beginning of the week meaning no exposure anyway…

Same with knowing these review times - if it is a “fact” that it’s 8 days (or whatever number), most will submit 8 days before a Monday, resulting in an even longer queue…

Yeah, I’m not worrying anymore. Just focus on building a library of quality tracks and sales will come eventually.

Hey folks, here’s a friday update on the queue situation, plus some explanations that might clarify some age-old questions…

What makes the queue times change so much?

In a nutshell, it’s submission rates vs review rates. Everyone knows that, but actually, there are many invisible factors too, both short and longer terms patterns.

Here are just a few:

• Weekends : Reviewers may work a little less too. It’s the weekly cycle.
  • First couple days of a new month : Sometimes a few reviewers will rest their ears these days, because the ends of the month are most often busiest, with the longest hours.
  • Team Leaves : People are allowed to go on vacation sometimes.
  • Seasonal variances : Some periods of the year have lower submissions overall, e.g. summer holidays.
  • Unexpected circumstances : Life happens, right? Plans are made, and the universe laughs. Or someone catches a cold…

Ok… so when does the queue time stop rising?

Historically, usually when it reaches a higher peak level, anywhere after 10+ days, and submissions rates slow down a bit (relatively) and reviewers catch up. We’ve seen the pattern year after year. In past years, it had reached the 2 weeks mark, which is admittedly long for AJ, but nowhere near being outside industry norms in many cases.

Conversely, when the queue times reach lowest levels, i.e. under 3 days, more people may get giddy, so to speak, so there are more submissions, and the cycle can begin again.

All the while this happens, the singular factors mentioned above may impact the day-to-day and week-to-week processing trends, independently or combined.

When taking a step back, looking at the big picture, the inherent pattern of ups and downs can more easily be observed. Ask any author who’s been here for a few years. The queue is a living, breathing thing, metaphorically.

So the best thing to do, in a parallel sense, is literally to inhale, exhale, take a deep breath and focus on making the best music, while the reviewers work on getting items processed properly. Patience is everyone’s friend here.

Rest assured though, when trends emerge, showing a critical mass for an extended period of time, and indication projections show the imminent need to expand the reviewers, of course Envato will act on that in advance. That’s always when the team has grown, actually.

To those who would think otherwise and say “Just hire more people Now, obviously” - well, simply recruiting and training new reviewers to cover a temporary flux period is Not the “obvious” answer, though it may seem so on the surface. It takes much more time than imagined to properly grow a team that does this work, and it’s more complicated than just throwing people at it without complicating various underlying dynamics like consistency management, etc. Ultimately this doesn’t have to be justified though, right?

The fact is, lower queue times are ultimately preferred by the library too. If nobody cared there wouldn’t be any explanations.

At any rate, by the looks of things now, the forecast still seems like the current upward trend will peak or plateau soon, and reverse in the coming October weeks, as previously announced here.

If anything changes, or if unexpected clouds appear, we’ll certainly let you know so you can prepare your umbrellas accordingly, as Scott mentioned above.

In the meantime, stay tuned, and of course, please pardon that last pun. :slight_smile:

Thanks Everybody, have a great weekend.

12 Likes

Ha ha. as always - very detailed and polite explanation. Thank you, Adrien!

Thank you, Adrien! =)

A timely and eloquent response to the ongoing hysteria that is the review queue length discussion - people, please, listen to the man! :wink: Thanks ADG!

Thanks for the explanation Adrien. The main problem, I believe, is this rush to get approval for a Monday. This causes immense frustration for authors and most probably adds to the delays. I wouldn’t mind waiting two weeks for approval on a track, if the track I had composed and had taken precious time over, wasn’t approved on a Saturday or a Sunday. That is disastrous for me, and guarantees my track disappears into oblivion as there are far fewer buyers on a weekend, whatever anyone says.

And, of course, sales figures are compiled from Monday to Sunday as well, so little chance of being on the popular file list if you are approved on a Saturday. I can’t see any solution to this and I know I am having a moan, but I think this is one of the biggest problems on Audiojungle. Moreover, The lack of control over when files are approved makes terrible business sense from a marketing and sales point of view. I wish there was a solution, sadly I can provide none, has anyone any ideas, apart from the time honoured, just keep making brilliant music…yawn!!!

2 Likes

Thank you for clearing this up Adrien :smile:

9,5 days for music pack. Approved.

Almost 10 days rejected hybrid trailer track… whokay …

Thanks so much ADG3studios, that was quite the post and much appreciated. In the end, if we are composing and up-loading on a regular semi-regular basis the que length is irrelevant as you will have material going out fairly regularly.

That being said I am happy to report I had a hybrid track approved today at 9 days wait time :smile:

10 days aporoved for corporate track.

9-10 days :smile: