In February of last year, our Envato email marketing team ran one of our most successful campaigns ever. In fact, it was so successful that we’re getting ready to do it all over again. Nominations are now open for our authors to get involved
Over the next month, Envato’s marketing team will be launching two dedicated email sends featuring a selection of free and discounted file pairings.
These email sends will be delivered to a super-engaged subscriber list of over 600,000 customers, making this an awesome opportunity for you to boost sales to your files and traffic to your portfolio.
In this campaign, we are wanting to feature two files from each author.
File 1) A file at a discount from 40% of its Original Price.
File 2) A free file.
Items will be promoted listing their applicable discounts in one of two sends:
The first send on the 14th of February.
The second send on the 23rd of February.
When completing your nomination form, you will be asked to indicate whether you are nominating your file for one or both of these sends.
We’re looking for a total of eight authors and sixteen files to be featured across the two emails. Files will be selected at random from a shortlist that meets our criteria…
By nominating for this promotion, you are choosing to set your price to 40% of its Original Price, for a 7-day period from time of the campaign launch. The included buyer fee will not change. More information on how to calculate prices with buyer fees is available here. If selected, the free file will be reduced to $0.
Want to be in the shortlist for inclusion? Read the instructions below carefully….
*Most Importantly: You must be the author of the item you’re submitting
What we’re looking for
- Items that are high quality, presented well, and up-to-date
- Items that have a minimum 10+ sales
- Items that have been well-received by customers
- To help us be sure that the discount is off your normal sale price, the nominated item must be listed at a consistent price for the 30 days leading up to the promotion period. Note: Because of this, and the recent rollout of Fixed Buyer Fees on VideoHive, we will only be accepting nominations for Videohive authors for the second email on the 23rd of February.
What we’re NOT looking for:
- Items that are dated and not on-trend
- Items that have not been kept updated.
- Items with lower ratings (below 4 stars)
How do I take part?
Make sure you have read and understood our requirements above.
- Please also read our FAQs and terms - you can also use the FAQ thread to ask us any other questions you may have. We will continue to update and maintain those questions on an ongoing and as-needed basis.
What happens after I nominate my item(s)?
- If your items are selected, we will contact you via the email address you provided.
- We will provide information about how and when your item price will be changed. See our FAQ page for full details.
- Selected items will be promoted on either the 14th of February
Or the 23rd of February (AEDT), prices will be promoted as valid for 7 days from the date of the send.
Timeline of events
- Thursday the 8th of February: We launched the nomination process (you’re reading it right now!)
- Wednesday the 14th of February: Item nominations close.
- Thursday the 15th of February: We will inform the authors of selected items and will provide more details via email.
- Thursday the 15th of February: The campaign’s first send will go live.
- Friday the 23rd of February: The campaign’s second send will go live
We’re looking forward to seeing all your nominations and working with you to promote your incredible items! We’ll also be sharing important/additional updates and announcements in the thread below, but if you have specific questions, please check the FAQs and post a new question if it has not already been answered.
Thank you so much again and good luck!