Upcoming change to new author applications for AudioJungle

This is a good initiative… Although it still does not solve the problem of unfair competition associated with low prices. I, like many authors, have watched as the last few years, step by step, destroy the once-profitable market. Now we are seeing the result: that people come here not for quality and an idea, but for a cheap product. I still hope that management understands the seriousness of failed decisions and will take decisive action to revive this market.

23 Likes

It’s too early to be happy. Let’s see what happens!

4 Likes

Sounds good! Finally a step aimed directly at the problem. I remember when I said that submission limits will not change the review queue…

One more thing:

The introduction of submission limits has improved item quality (resulting in higher approval ratios).

I am not sure if it is a higher quality of each author or is it only a higher approval ratio of all authors.

Besides that I do not think that popular genres cliche tracks and discouraging fresh authors from experiments are the definition of the highest quality. Submission limits have to be rethought.

7 Likes

Finally! A very necessary, timely and cool decision!
I think that Envato’s current management can save this marketplace from ruin. I mean AudioJungle, because we can see for a long time how slowly but non-stop AJ crashes.

Dear management, please don’t stop there. Be sure to continue! Too much copy-paste content, too many violations of the rules by unscrupulous authors. And, as a result, everyone’s income falls even more rapidly.

Regarding current desicion, hope it’s only the start.

8 Likes

This is great news. A change that could actually make a difference to the downward trend in the dashboard that many of us are feeling.

I’m looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with for new authors in 6 months when you reopen the gates. It’s felt for a while that Audio Jungle has been kind of a training ground for newbie authors, especially since the pandemic perhaps saw more folks at home learning these new skills. I think it’s a good step towards AJ becoming more professional. Stepping up quality control measures can only be a good thing for all involved, as it also motivates the veterans to up their game too.

Add me to the list of folks calling for tightening up the rules on copycats, templaters and self-purchasing fake-rating trending hackers.
:+1:t3:

11 Likes

Great news, I think :smiley:

This is good news for current authors on Audiojungle. If only the company had solved the huge price dumping problem. It is not possible for an author to compete with entire groups of composers who sell their tracks for $ 5. You need to return the price restrictions. I would like to start from 15 dollars. And so that the site does not turn into a cheap shop where everything will cost 5 dollars.

26 Likes

It seems God has heard my prayers …

1 Like

I join!

reasonable measures are very important!

Yes, next step please in this direction. End the price war please. No one will win if situationa will stay the same as it is now.

22 Likes

I am very happy that changes are taking place)

2 Likes

A wise decision.

4 Likes

Finally! Thanks! :metal::sunglasses: Full support

2 Likes

Please remove the ability to change the price of audio materials. Thank You!

13 Likes

A good choice. It remains to raise the minimum price to 15 - 20 dollars and it will be generally excellent)

14 Likes

that sounds really good. hopefully this will return our sales to the way they used to. lately I have experienced a decline in sales

4 Likes

This is fantastic news, especially for the long established contributors who have always been consistently high on quality. Thank you AJ

I do not agree. The shorter the better.

1 Like

next step 5$ !

11 Likes