Trusted Updates: Automatic Approval of Item Updates

@Aether-Themes Doesn’t look like it, I would raise a help ticket if you are still having issues.

I have the same situation, I can not understand - it’s automatic approval or it passes through reviewers.

Thanks, will do.

Problems with the upload? ( Trusted Update: Posted 55 minutes ago ) but the update was not actually added.
Edit: Trusted Update Approved after 1h. Sometimes takes a few minutes or upto 1h. Quite strange :slight_smile:

Hello Stephen, i’ll ask again, we’ve had this feature enabled, used this for a two or three updates, from this time we’ve never uploaded any items and right now we have this feature disabled, could you explain this? What is the reason of this?

@svgstephen @warrenseen @andrewfreeman

Is this feature still ON? I just tried to update my item and seems it went for review. When the feature was released I was able to see instant update option. But not now.

What’s wrong?

yesterday I updated one of my items and had to wait for review as well

Hello!

Basically, this feature is great. Now, I am an AJ author, and on AJ item price is decided on basis on track duration (or number of sound samples). I’ve had a few cases where I added a longer version, or added sounds to a sound pack, and the item price remained the same. In one case I submitted a support ticket, which lead to an appropriate price change but only after about a weeks time, engaging 2 Envato staff, writing an extra email specifying a suggested price (not even sure why this is necessary), and responding to the “rate our support” mail. In the end, everything is fine, but one would wish for a simpler process to ask for a new item price.

Cheers!

Sounds reasonable to me. :+1:

It has been great, thanks

This is great news thanks

This is a very needed improvement! Cool)

Is this Automatic Approval system works for Videohive too ?

2 Likes

Hi,

I’m using the great auto-approval feature on themeforest and actually it is better as expected. Now that I add a new item on Codecanyon this missing feature is a import missing for me.

If I need to update an items 3 times in a week due to bugs I can not do it and I must wait 3 days for every update. In these 3+3+3 days all the users that download the item have a bugged version.

Will be great to have auto approval also for cc.

Thanks

1 Like

Yes, would be great to bring the trusted update feature to CC as well.

Great update!
Thank you…

Seconded to bringing it to CodeCanyon. I often have to wait 5 days to push a small fix/update; I haven’t had a rejection since my first item was ever submitted. Please consider it for future updates!

This is a very good and useful solution! Thank you for trusting the team Envato! :slight_smile:

Is there any news yet on CodeCanyon? I understand the security concerns and why you want these reviewed, but I can’t help but feel that the review times are still long. Take WooCommerce for example. They just launched 3.0 and about a week later we are already at 3.0.3. Bugs happen, ones that upset customers or prevent something from working the way it should. Having to wait days for a reviewer to take a quick peek is frustrating for both developer and user. Something in place to make this faster would be great! It makes me nervous now for my own big releases and the days I’ll have to wait to make an update.

4 Likes

I agree, sure the trusted update is a risk. But the trusted authors are not difficult to find and offer a very good guarantee.
For example after 2 years of item without problem is garanted that the trusted update can bring only benefits.