This should be simple. Hello Evanto, I'm very new here and I've come upon stuck already...

I created an account and then was directed to a page which says

‘ACCESS DENIED (Could not load signed in user profile: The API returned an error (403 - )’

Could someone please tell me what I need to do to get an API Key?

Thank you.

Hi @ThePeoplePproject,

May we know why you need to create an api? mean where will you use the api?

Envato API personal token:

You can generate Envato API personal token here . Please make sure you set required Token permissions. It may prompt you to sign into your Envato account

Before you create a new token the following 3 permissions should be selected from the list of permission available on the Token page.

1. View and search Envato sites (checked by default)
  2. Download the user’s purchased items
  3. List purchases the user has made

Hope this will help you.

Thanks

1 Like

Yes, certainly. I want to add a Directory plugin to my website and need an API key for that.

Please can you tell me where I find the Permissions needed list?

I have given you the permission list and the link where you have to create api. please check my first reply. Also please note that the api will work only for the purchaser account of the plugin.

Thanks but when I click on that link I’m taken to the Access Denied page as was shown in the original attachment.

please clear browser cache and cookies and try again. Also you can try with another browser. and try to **create token directly from the given link provided above.

Thanks, that’s working :slight_smile: does this mean that i have to use Firefox from now on with this?

sometimes causes issue for browser cache and cookie. the api page is not browser restricted. you can go with any browser. but for now go with your working browser.

I’ve now got a key :slight_smile: Thank you for your help mgs - can you please tell me the price of the Web 2.0 Directory?

Current price: $39

Thanks. Nice chatting to you and take care.

2 Likes

Thank you too. Take care