This is what customers will be searching for in the next few months

Hi everyone :wave: I’m just jumping in here to share our latest article on the Author Hub, because I think it might be helpful for some of you when you’re thinking about what you should create next.

Some of the biggest consumer events of the year are around the corner, including Mother’s Day, Ramadan, Holi, and International Women’s Day. On-the-ball content creators will start to look for content for these events soon, so make sure you submit your relevant content ASAP!

In particular, I want to call out one event in particular that we would love to see some fresh content for:

World Autism Day

World Autism Day (April 2) and Autism Acceptance Month (the whole of April) have evolved significantly in the last few years in terms of the way they’re celebrated and the icons and imagery associated with them.

At the moment, many of the items in our library that represent autism use images of puzzle pieces.

However, this imagery has been criticized by members of the autistic community for perpetuating negative stereotypes and reinforcing the idea that autistic individuals are “puzzles” to be solved.

Many autistic individuals now prefer to use a gold or rainbow infinity symbol to promote acceptance, inclusivity, and the idea that autism is simply a natural part of human diversity.

We encourage Envato Authors to invest time and effort into creating assets that represent autism and autistic people in a more inclusive and accepting way, by using the infinity symbols instead of puzzle pieces.

5 Likes