ThemeForest and CodeCanyon: Updates to Software Version and Compatible With attributes

Hi all! We’ve updated a large batch of Software Version and Compatible With attributes on ThemeForest and CodeCanyon. The new attributes are now visible to customers via our search filters, and we highly recommend checking your items to make sure these are up to date.

What’s changing?

We’ve just added the latest versions over 50 Software Version & 12 Compatible With attributes across ThemeForest and CodeCanyon.

Some of the updates in this batch are overdue, but we’ve also made some changes to the way these will be proactively updated in future. That will ensure that Authors can select the most up-to-date attributes when adding or updating items, helping customers filter their searches to discover these items.

What do you need to do?

If you’re an author of items for:

• WordPress
  • Ghost
  • Joomla
  • Magento
  • Jekyll
  • Moodle
  • Mobile

Or items that are compatible with:

• WooCommerce
  • Beaver Builder
  • Gravity Forms
  • WPBakery

We recommend editing your items and selecting the relevant attributes. This will ensure we’re displaying correct information to customers to help them search, filter and compare items.

If you have any questions about item attributes for ThemeForest or CodeCanyon, please let us know in this thread.

10 Likes

Hi,

I create WordPress themes compatible with Beaver Builder so I’m pleased to read Beaver Builder might be found in the “Compatible With” attribute list now (at least that’s my presumption). However, I still can not see it there.

Can you please confirm your information regarding Beaver Builder is relevant for WordPress themes too?

Thanks and regards,

Oliver

1 Like

Great changes, congrats!

Will be loving to see latest released WordPress versions appear much faster now in the ‘Software Version’ field for items!
Thank you for your helpful work!

Cheers!

Hi,

Problem 1: * WooCommerce has many versions. If the author chooses all. It should show WooCommerce 3.0.0 to 5.8.0 and only show some versions if the user chooses the least. Screenshot on 2021-10-29 at 16-54-33.png - Droplr
Problem 2: Software Version, When the author of the WordPress theme updates the item. It also should notification of detail to all users if you choose “Get notified by email if this item is updated”.
Because if an author only updates plugins or change subject title. The user can skip.
Example:
Version 3.0.0 11 - Nov - 2021

Fixed Cart error.

Fixed CSS cart.

Regards,
the JWSThemes team

There’s been some good steps in the right direction, but for platforms like WordPress and WooCommerce it’s still not ideal. I like that the list is hidden by default now, but when the customer expands it, it’s still a very long list. WooCommerce puts out monthly updates now and not a ton changes so most plugins maintain compatibility with many versions easily. Minimum and maximum would look much better!

Screenshot_20211029-111236|230x500

Also, we’re at the mercy of waiting for the version to be added. I test with beta releases of WooCommerce in advance, yet the settings on CodeCanyon are updated nearly a month late for each version. This causes lots of unneeded messages from users asking if it’s compatible with the latest version.

Why there is still no option Kotlin for Mobile → Android?

Thanks for all the comments and feedback - I’ve passed them on to the team, and they’ll be looking at these for the next set of updates (Kotlin, min/max versions for WordPress / WooCommerce, etc).

We’re checking into the Beaver Builder issue - that one (2.x.x) should have been added to the current list of “compatible with” updates for WordPress items, but an older version (2.0.x) was archived - I’ll find out what’s happened to that one.

Thanks For Your Updates

1 Like

Update on the Beaver Builder issue: It looks like that attribute has been added for Code items, but was missed from the Themes list. The team will be including it in their next batch of updates.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.