Theme not downloading, Missing style.css file

I just purchased the Malina theme from ThemeForest and when I tried to upload the file to my website It wouldn’t load because it was missing the style.css file. Then there’s a message that I can pay $50 for the upload. I’m really annoyed. It’s a blog theme and I really want to get moving on it. What do I do?

1 Like

Hi

Make sure you select the “Installable WordPress file only” option. If you select “All files & documentation”, you will not be able to install this zip as is. Instead unzip the file and then locate the installable theme file within it. Luckily most developers clearly label their files, so it should be pretty easy to find.

you can check this helpful article stylesheet error

Also you can unzip your purchased download (All files & documentation) and check the theme documentation hopefully you will get necessary support in documentation how to install and all necessary help.

If you have still problem with the theme then The best way to get the support is Contact your purchased Theme Author. Contact Author because Item Author are best expert about their Item functionality.

Thanks

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I followed your instructions and was able to upload the new theme. Now, I just have to learn it’s nuances. Do you know if there are specific instructions for how to use a theme like Malina? Again, thank you!

1 Like

You just need to follow the instruction given by authot for using theme - here is online version of documentation for that theme.

1 Like

Thank you again! I really appreciate your help and support.

Blessings,
Debbie N.