The Sales Monitor 2

Hi guys. Just got few sales tonight. And it might be that this month might turn even better than the last one which was the best month ever for me (but i know that it was worst for some of you). Let me share some experience with you. I started to expand my portfolio hardly in May. I gradually uploaded about 200 items within last 2 months. (and new downloads started to flow only now) that means that new items need some time (approx 2 months) to become visible. Second thing i uploaded my first wordpress theme. Which with in a day become trading item, and later on was futured in ā€œrising startā€ category which brought sales almost everyday.
What i would recommend you to try especially for the ones who are working with AE templates. Try to diversify your items. I am sure if you are good enough to build wonderfull AE templates, it shouldn`t be hard to make some music files (yeah music creation also uses timelines, keyframes and etc.) Having different type of items will give you much wider look on Envato, why some things are more popular, how ā€œbest itemsā€ effects your sales and etc. Youā€™ll find more ways to improve. Or maybe you will discover golden root of something which you didnt thought to exist so close to you.

6 Likes

After almost 10 years everything changes over night rapidly. I donā€™t know how others stand but at the moment my earnings are 2x lower than usual for the same period in past 9.5 years
I hope this is not our ā€˜road mapā€™ that @collis mentioned few years ago

2 Likes

So when you talk about earnings being half than usual,
does it include elements?
Because if not, you should probably combine all of the earnings and then compareā€¦
just an opinion though.

Your earnings from Videohive are 2x lower but when you combine your Videohive earnings + your Elements earnings your earnings become an amount which beats every previous year so stop complaining all the time.

If i combine Elements + Videohive itā€™s more like iā€™m selling only on one market, simply Videohive earnings are low in past 12-24 months or so. Elements is so far stable. But if we sell on two markets, then earnings should be double or so. Now i had a feel that Videohive will slowly shutdown in a few years if this trend continoue, because there is a more authors that share the same buyers budget. Elements is much better as a subscription package from buyers perspective.

Iā€™m speaking about 2k+ monthly! How would you feel if you had today $500 (Elements + Videohive) and you know how It will ends in a 15 days?

if I knew how things will look in 15 days, I wouldā€™ve given all my work for free while making a living off bets and gambling.

and you canā€™t claim Videohive and Elements are two different markets.
Buyers wonā€™t buy a $29 videohive item when they know they can get the same item, and many more for $16.5 a month.

Youā€™re enabling items for sale on elements VIA Videohiveā€™s Edit item page, after allā€¦
Itā€™s everything BUT separate markets.

ā€œShould beā€ is completely your estimation and fantasy.

heā€™s only been complaining for the past 9.5 years!! not all the time :slight_smile:

:joy: No trust me

Not exactly, I see VH as a PREMIUM market with big, valuable and complex projects which not so many authors can create. And Elements is for the rest. Also I see that you almost donā€™t upload anything new.

If to say about earnings, definitely pure VH earnings in average are lower than my best year, but in a line with previous years before Iā€™d joined Elements. But now VH+EE are making the best year on Envato. Nowadays we just need to use different strategies, old ones donā€™t work.
And much bigger competition than it was 3-4 years ago makes it also harder for average Author to compete here

1 Like

Agree but Elements canā€™t work without Videohive. Iā€™m uploading to Audiojungle as well on Videohive (yesterday was hard reject) There are also limitations for authors who compete on several Envato Marketplaces, but that is something that i wonā€™t discuss here. What i want to say is, no matter if you have 10 or 300 items in your portfolio (in my case) you will always earn the same ot less amount, now things are different In past several months and overall earnings are lower.

July-Aug-Sep were bad - thatā€™s true, but it was near the same level last year. Now in October I see boost compared to previous period (At least these first 2 weeks)

Envato isnā€™t gonna let anyone come in here and confess to us all that numbers are in huge decline.
Itā€™s not motivating for authors nor beneficial for anyone.
However, all you need to do is to take a look at these numbers and compare them to previous years.

hereā€™s last years:

3 Likes

total%20sales
Sales graph better speaks for itā€™s self. When i had less items i earn more, now after 300 items i earn less. Working almost 10 years on the Envato market is not an easy job trust me, itā€™s a lot of stress to stay on the top. At the moment i am ranked as 44th, i was in top 30 few years agoā€¦

We donā€™t know absolute sales number across market, but for newcomers and new items - it is definitely harder, so no arguing. But also there were examples when new items/new authors made it to a best-sellers during this year.
Also if you can compare overall number of new Items been added this year Sep and Last year Sep or 2015 Sep)

(all years are tens of kā€™s excluding 2014)
In 2017 Iā€™ve added only 1 item and December 2017 was 3 times lower than January 2017
and in 2018 I back to work.
In Oct 2018 I joined Elements and as you see it didnā€™t affect earnings on VH.

As for sales number it isnā€™t quite representative for me I like to compare $ :slight_smile:
with ADP I made experiment and lowered prices down by 10-20% in 2018 I got just lil bit more sales but earnings fell down. I would better have 100-200 sales less per year but earn more)

Just happy and grateful to be doing this love story for so long.
Being your own boss = priceless.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s true

but hey, lets complain a bit more to keep this thread goingā€¦
sooā€¦ my caviar was off this morning and the stripper wants a raise :frowning:

1 Like

Ow man, I would fell in depression ;( Thanks god my stripper works by subscription model

1 Like