supplying a client with my Themeforest username and API key?

Hi All,

I’ve had the below issue with a client reagrding him installing a plugin and now not being able to edit his wordpress site using the dashboard and wondered if anyone could help regarding what I can supply him without giving my Theme firest / envato login details.

*"I installed a plugin that disables the new block editor in WordPress versions 5 and higher. I have installed the plugin for now which has now enabled me to access the page editor, however, it doesn’t load any of the content and is just spinning. *

*When I look on the theme settings and “Theme Update” it mentions needing a Themeforest username and API key in order to allow me to update the theme from the WordPress dashboard, however, I don’t have these.

Please help."*

Can i generate a suitable API key and give him this without giving my username / login details?

Thank in advance
Tom

Hi

Envato API personal token:
You can generate Envato API personal token here . Please make sure you set required Token permissions. It may prompt you to sign into your Envato account

Before you create a new token at least the following permission should be selected from the list of permission available on the Token page.

1. View and search Envato sites (checked by default)
  2. Download the user’s purchased items
  3. List purchases the user has made

Hope this will help you.

Thanks

1 Like