Suggest Ideas a$5,000-worth of Pnd Create “How to…” Videos for Buyers and Win ayPal Prizes

That’s a good one. For us, it’s second nature… we know exactly what the site is, and what it does and what you need… but for first timers? There are info bars on the items saying what people need, After Effects menu headers and the like, but if you’ve never heard of After Effects then you’re not going to know what that is or what it means. People will watch the preview video, get excited, buy they item and then sit there scratching their heads wondering what this After Effects nonsense is all about. "Hmm… so you’re saying this won’t work in Microsoft Word?

Although we want to remain a professional site for professional authors and buyers, providing professional products, we also don’t want to turn away those that may be new to such things or who are ‘testing the waters’. It’s ok for us strapping young handsome whipper-snappers, but what about those who weren’t born into the digital age… the grey pound (or gray dollar) is one that should not be ignored!

Maybe a banner at the top “New to the Envato Marketplace? Click here to find out more!” etc etc

Good suggestion Jakub.

2 Likes

I think the ThemeForest authors had a similar idea some time ago. This idea can be greatly enhanced and standardized for all marketplace as @SpaceStockFootage mentioned. Unfortunately, for non coding authors this can be a little tricky to accomplish.

Hi. This is my video:

2 Likes

Another idea:
These days infographics are trending a lot!!
A video on how to make the best use of info graphics after the buyer purchases an info graphic would be nice. The video can include
Tips for creating the best infographics.
A few tips on how to make use of images to make your infographics look modern, rich and cooler.
A few tips on how one can promote his info graphics on the social network would also be great.

1 Like

Awesome idea! I’ll be creating how-to videos :smiley:

Here are a few suggestion for topics:

• How to create a new Envato account?
  • How is the author rate calculated?
  • The difference between “add to favorites” and “add to collection” buttons.
  • How to follow authors and what it means?
  • What is the difference between license types?

Not sure if they can afford to hire Stephen Hawking to explain it. But if they can, I look forward to buying the 6 disc boxed-set. :wink:

1 Like

Lol @SpaceStockFootage I’m laughing out loud here! :joy:

I guess whoever get’s that tutorial up wins the grand price then ha? :wink:

1 Like

If they can explain it in less than 60 seconds, then they deserve to be ruler of the universe!

1 Like

My idea:

• How to rate 10 stars for a super awesome item? :smiley:

Ok here’s my entry:

How to get my purchase code?

Bonus:
animated gif

3 Likes

Hi Envato Team,

“How To…” Video ideas #1

All Marketplaces: A 60 sec general summary for each marketplace on “How to purchase, edit, and publish” the Envato item.

Each video will make note that every item is different, but these are key points that are consistent through out the marketplace.

The video will end with directing buyers to the author for initial questions and support, point out how to contact Envato for matters out of the authors control, and encourage buyers to rate, comment, and share their purchases.

Thanks,
Motioncraver

Hi Envato Team,

“How To…” Video ideas #2

All Marketplaces: A separate 60sec video on “How to get the most out of your purchase” for each marketplace. Each video will show how to improve each purchase by buying supporting items from other marketplaces, learning the basics on Tuts+, and hiring freelancers on Envato studio to make the end product unique and custom.

Thanks,
Motioncraver

How to install and upload files using a FTP client like Filezilla.

1 Like

How to change picture via smart object? This video is usefull for the Graphic river buyers. :smiley:

1 Like

this is my video

How about a screencast showing how to use the (soon to be released) Envato Market WordPress plugin.

This would show buyers how to install/update their themes and plugins automatically using the Envato Market plugin.

If I get some time I’ll whip a screecast together.

How to quickly upload & extract a ZIP File via Hosting Cpanel

Here’s my (Videohive) entry too:
“How to slightly change the duration of an After Effects project, so that it fits a new music’s duration!”

Hi!

Our country does not support Paypal. And I can only use Skrill.

The prize will be added to my Envato account? Then I’ll withdraw from Skrill.