Submit Tax Info

Hi there,

maybe someone can help me, i submitted my tax information today. Does someone knows how long it takes for that to be approved and how i will be noticed.

Will the US Backup Withholding Tax of the sales from 01.01.2016 be transferred back to my account because the tax treaty from my country with the US is 0% ?

Thanks for any help! :slight_smile:
Danijel

1 Like

It’s going to take effect immediately if you complete it under “Tax Information” section on your setting page. But if you send it via email to Envato, then I guess it’s going to take quite sometime until Envato attach your information to your account.
And nothing will be transferred back unfortunately. :confused:

1 Like

Thank you Osama, yes saw it in my statement it takes effect immediately. :slight_smile:

Thanks again!
Danijel

You’re welcome :slightly_smiling:

The amount already charged will not be transferred back I guess. But at the end of the year, Envato will provide a detailed report of the taxes which can be used to reimburse the amount from the local government with the help of an accountant. I may be wrong but that’s what I seem to have gathered after reading the articles on Envato related to taxation.

lol well that sounds great but if u have a personal accountant, then this basically means that u have a company when many authors do not … and thus are likely not to get anything back anyway …

@n2n44 I just confirmed this via an email from taxinfo@envato.com. This is what they said

You will receive a Form 1099 from us at the end of 2016 that shows the taxes that were paid to the US (IRS). As India has a tax treaty with USA, you should be able to obtain a credit in India for the US taxes paid, but we suggest you check this with your accountant. If this is the case, there is no double taxation and is the purpose of the tax treaty being signed between the two nations.

So yes, if your country has tax treaty with US, you are entitled to receive tax benefits from your local government.