State of the Union: ThemeForest review queues.

Someone deleted my comment with screenshot, but our item was submitted 2 months ago!!! No review for 2 months!!! This is unacceptable.

Firstly, when I uploaded my item on TF, I had waited for 18 days and I got no messages excerpt queue on author dashboard. So, I thought that my item was ignorant and I am missing in something concerning with my item. So, I deleted my item and reviewed myself. And I found it is ok.

So, I uploaded it again. Now, I have waited for over one months and days. It’s still queue. Are you all experiencing like that long? Or Am I missing anything? Coz’ it is my first step on TF. Have a great day and good luckies.

1 Like

Check this: http://quality.market.envato.com/themeforest
Enjoy !!!

Can we see a screenshot of the new average review turnarounds, it’s been 2 weeks so would be nice to see the updated graph.

1 Like

themeforest theme +2 months

This Review Turnaround For ThemeForest is so fake! Envato stop deceive authors! Review is more than 2 months! Frustrating

3 Likes

Hehe yes, it’s been glued to 35 days for quite some time now :smiley:

Actually. Yesterday the HTML template review was 13 days now is 11 days, but my item has uploaded for more then 14 days.

Thanks.

Any progress?

Is that a right Review Turnaround time For ThemeForest ? or it’s a joke
http://quality.market.envato.com/themeforest
It’s show 10 day for review. but my item has uploaded for more then 14 days. So what is this ?

No, stil in review, no answer more than 70 DAYS!

There is a major thing they could do right now to temporarily solve this huge mess and that is to stop accepting any new authors.

Existing authors have built their businesses on themeforest and have also paid Envato large sums of money. It’s existing authors that this is hurting. New authors are just giving something a try - they don’t have their businesses to lose. This can be temporary until things are improved.

Established authors are currently leaving. They have no choice because we need money to pay our bills.

2 Likes

I don’t think problem is with increased number of new authors. It is mix of new reviewers and lack of rules that we saw in inconsistent reviews over last year. And maybe new policy implemented because of this situation, like some kind of test. I agree that it would be better to temporary stop accepting not new authors but new themes. New themes flow on homepage won’t be stopped if there is really so much unreviewed themes, at least for some time.

On the other hand I saw a thread for autiojungle that there is much new accounts and items accepted. Obviously lot of existing authors creating new accounts and send copycats or low quality items to new reviewers hoping for acceptance. That is main reason why Envato should stop accepting new items until they got new qualified reviewers and can say they have them now to avoid this kind of abuse.

1 Like

True I think that the inconsistent reviews is a huge problem

After seeing that there is a new author bias on audiojungle, I’ve been investigating to see if the same is true on WordPress. What I found was several first timers saying there item was looked at after 30 days approx and existing authors seem to be waiting for 70 days for initial review.

These are times people are currently waiting as the review times seem to be getting longer, for me it 40 days. Now it seems to have almost doubled in review times for existing authors.

Hi

Firstly thank you for your effor but :

So what is mean ?

WordPress Product Landing Page Theme - Proland (New)
Queued for Review
Submitted 2 months ago | Delete?

It’s not a “new author bias”.
It’s just we’ve been caught in the middle of a system change.
I guess the most recent submissions are already benefiting from that change, while older submissions not.

A system change where a new author goes through in 20m ( Audiojungle ) yet old submissions are left in the queue for weeks? How can that be? I don’t get what sort of system change that would make a new author wait 30 days and a old author wait 70 (wordpress)?

See here: What's going on Envato?

I can only speculate, but it seems that a new system is in order.
Unfortunately older submissions are still stuck on a old queue.

You might be right, at least on AJ.

1 Like