Slider Min-Max value?

I’d like to set minimum and maximum values on a slider. I found the following answer googling but it’s on a mac and i’m using pc and i can’t get this pop up window. Anyone knows how this can be done on a pc?

You can do this on the mac by

• Hold down the control key,
  • Click and hold on the name of the parameter,
  • select edit value from the pop-up menu that appears.
  • I dont know that but that would be useful for me too.

Right Click on slider name not “SLIDER CONTROL” and then edit value :slight_smile:

Thank you very much Mocarg!

I want the values 0 to 255. I edited the values as you see below. When i click ok the value goes to 255 but the problem is that this isn’t the max , if i slide to right it still gets to higher numbers than 255. Any thoughts? I did something wrong?

!http://i.imgur.com/rYE9i.jpg!

I remember felt wrote it once. As a matter of fact I asked for it too. I am sure he’ll be able to jot something down as soon as he reads the thread. I cannot seem to remember it as well.

Hmm… If you use the slider to move the value i am sure it will go to the 255 and no more.

But the problem is when i drag the value… Not sure how you can fix this inside AE. I know how to make custom effect but that is whole other job…

You can do it only with expression…

clamp(value, min=0, max=255)
    DOGmotion said

You can do it only with expression…

clamp(value, min=0, max=255)

That one works just fine… Excellent ! Thank you very much DOGmotion!!

Mocarg said

I know how to make custom effect but that is whole other job…

Yeah i know... i accidentally run in one of your tutorials about custom effects. Very helpfull...

Really appreciate the help of all you guys! :slight_smile: