Seeking Clarification: Codecanyon vs. Themeforest for Template Authors

Hello fellow authors,

I hope you’re all doing well. I’m a template author and want to submit my work to either Codecanyon or Themeforest. However, I’m a bit confused about the differences between these two platforms, specifically regarding the templates I create.

To give you some context, I specialize in developing the following types of templates:

1. HTML website templates
  2. HTML sign-in and sign-up pages
  3. HTML coming soon pages
  4. HTML contact form pages with PHP functionality on the backend
  5. HTML error 404 pages

I’m aware that both Codecanyon and Themeforest are popular marketplaces under the Envato umbrella, but I’m uncertain about the nuances and which platform would be the most suitable for my particular template offerings.

If any experienced authors or Envato representatives could shed some light on the differences between Codecanyon and Themeforest, I would greatly appreciate it. Here are a few specific questions I have:

1. Which platform would be the ideal choice for the template types I mentioned above?
  2. Are there any specific guidelines or requirements that differ between Codecanyon and Themeforest?
  3. Is one platform more suitable for developers who focus on HTML templates with PHP functionality?
  4. Do both platforms offer a similar level of exposure and potential for sales?

I believe a better understanding of these distinctions will not only benefit me but also other authors who may find themselves in a similar situation. Sharing your insights and experiences will be immensely helpful.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. I look forward to hearing from you and learning more about the differences between Codecanyon and Themeforest for authors who create templates.

Thank you so much once again!

1,3, 5 is themeforest

2 and 4 is CodeCanyon

Candidly you are going to struggle to get many of these approved let alone generate significant sales as there’s a lot already for sale and you will need to find a way to add significant uniqueness and value

1 Like

Hi @Tigma,

1 & 3 will go for themeforest
where 2 and 4 will go for codecanyon and 5 it depends on your item teplating systems but it maybe perfect for codecanyon in HTML category.

Answer to Questions:

1. Templating and theme should go to Themeforest
  2. Codecanyon are for scripts like PHP, Laravel, WordPress plugin etc
  3. HTML templates should go to themeforest and PHP functionality mean script should go to Codecanyon
  4. Themeforest and Codecanyon are presenting 2 different types of product Themeforest for template/theme and Codecanyon for scripts/module/plugins.

Thanks

1 Like

Thank you so much @charlie4282!

Thank you so much @mgscoder!

Save the link, you will definitely need it.

1 Like

Thank you so much @ki-themes!