Regarding designing for TF

Hey there,

I am currently using imagery from:

I’m afraid to get hard reject because of the imagery.

Also, I am currently designing a single page, theme is a single page, I don’t have a sidebar, full width and we don’t have a news archive.

I have experience with WordPress, but I have never worked before for Themeforest, what should I do, so I don’t get hard rejected.

Hey guys,

Sorry for bumping, but I really do need an answer here! Thanks in advance.

Hi PixieSquad,

On the first site you mention there are specific licenses for the images, as far as I can see most of the images are CC Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0, which means you can’t use them in your theme. You can check out this link for more info on the license - https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.0/

On the second site I don’t see any licensing for the images, which means they are most likely copyright protected by the author of the site, you can contact them for permission to use them in your theme otherwise they won’t be permitted.

If I were you I would stick to some of the more popular sites for free stock images, here is a great list of those - https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/238646

Best of luck with your project :slight_smile:

EDIT: Actually on the second site the images are licensed by CC too but you can use them in your theme provided you give attribution ( a link to the source in your item description would be considered attribution in this case )

From the site: “In short, this means you can freely reuse and distribute this content, also commercially, for as long you provide a proper attribution.”

Thank you very much Aether-Themes for the answer,

I still need an answer on this part.

Also, I am currently designing a single page, theme is a single page, I don’t have a sidebar, full width and we don’t have a news archive.

Cheers

None of things you mentioned are necessary for getting your theme accepted on TF, it’s up to you to decide if you’re going to include these things in your design or not. Cheers