Please tell me this is not a bad joke ( Fees and Taxes)

I am from Serbia and I got 6.9 $ from my 25 $ item. Serbia doesn’t have tax agreement and this earning is humiliating. Envato should find a way to encourage authors and not to discourage them. I only could wish that US market grow rapidly and sales will raise by 3,4 times. Envato should find a way to solve it. I feel really humiliated, as well as other authors with this tax improvement.

7 Likes

All these taxes and fees are really horrible

4 Likes

Envato should do something to encorauge authors. 25 % of my buyers are from USA. It is 10% less in total sales with this new changes. I am small author but I have plan to submit some new scripts wich will have more sales that existing. Also, I think that Envato should carry 50% of tax. We should pay only 30% of our real income (0,3*12.5) in my case. Suppose that Envato will give more money in marketing and that US market will grow rapidly and that we will have more cumulative sales to US persons. Than we will see some benefits of ENVATO doing bussines in US. But this looks very far away from this point.

1 Like

buddy i understand what u are trying to explain , but this is very likely that they changed for fiscal reasons or somethign like this, so do not expect too much this side … plus all authors would have to claim for this if they want it to potentially happen, so in other words, there’s no chance at all that it ever happens , this is this simple; U are also quite lucky sorry to say just that , but this is the truth a great deal of guys have a minimum of 50 % of sales coming from usa and most of us something like 60-70% indeed …

it depends for whom lol not if u get them, if u let them go that’s a different story obviously lol kidding , sorry a bit humor sometimes may not hurt after all lol

I meni se to desilo sa tri stvari u jednom danu.Treba da se raspitamo malo , sigurno moze neshto da se uradi povodom toga. Makar da se otvaraju fiktivne firme van zemlje. Pozdrav

where do you come from?

Same here bro…

I believe many author migrate to other marketplace

:sunny: This is not cool at all !

Vietnam doesn’t have tax treaty with the US, so you just need to fill in a W-8 form without a Tax ID Number if you don’t want to have 28% withheld on all sales, but you’ll still have 30% withheld on US sales only.

Yeahh!!! very very confusing :astonished:

maybe Better Envato Not Build Their Company On US Resident, IRD always Pulll & Pull Authors Money every Sales.
After Envato change their System , authors always got less income, and running out from envato.

how about this?
12$ of prices and just getting 3,31$ ?
on statements :

on products page client purchase:

12$ and on statements just getting 9.60$ ( how it can? yap buyer fees! we paid it! 12$ - 9,60$ = buyer fees we paid it)

$9.60 - $2.69 (US Backup Withholding Tax) = $6.91
$6.91 - $3.60 (author fee charge) = $3,31?

this new policy like a non exclusive author, and maybe less than them.
How it could be like this? confusing:

(fee + tax + buyer fees) === 12$ will be 3,31$

I was too long vaccum and just done to create some Web App. But, after this case better I must not upload on envato

1 Like

Just got 2.60 from a $10,00 item. Buyer is from USA. I´m from Brazil. Frustrated.

1 Like

Anyone get replay from support lately about taxes?
Ive submitted my W8 form in the middle of December. Got the message “You successfully submitted your tax information”. But im still missing my royalties.

Right now I getting $3 from $25 sale. Whaaaat?

• Envato Buyer Fee -$5 (I still dont know what is it)
  • US Royalty Withholding Tax -$6
  • Author Fee for sale -$11

Wow. That makes you want to live!

1 Like

Hi Daniel. Perhaps your country doesn’t have tax treaty with US (filling the W8 you loose 30% “only” in all your US Sales), where are you from? .

Im from Poland.
Im getting -30% from all my sales right now (W8 form submitted in the middle of December 2015).
What is going on here?

2.34$ from 9$ sale! Oh boy!
I am speechless.
It’s not a matter of money, it’s a matter of humiliation.
Couldn’t Envato be the seller?
Make 40% win for us?
That way they wouldn’t be hurt, and we could win less than before, but way more than this!!! So they could be the tax carriers!
Who to talk to !?
No one cares.
“People sell candy more expensive than what we make”

1 Like

flyers were mainly 6$ , you earned 3$. now its under 2$. Envato then allow you to set own prices. Now if you up your price to get back the 3$ you would have to increase price by almost 4$. so 6$ flyer now becomes almost 10$ and you get the original 3$. haha, nice one Envato. my math might be slightly off but you get my point

2 Likes

Now you know why they allowed setting own prices

2 Likes

Im lucky, ive only wasted about a year with graphicriver.
My earnings were small compared to some of you. So i feel for you lot that have to stay and grin and bear it but for me, its very easy to walk away. i would never allow myself to be used like this

2 Likes