Our Figma template was hard rejected, please share some suggestions with us

Ok @artbart thanks you so much

1 Like

@artbart can you please share your skype id : Pleases

Hi @artbart,

You’ve been really helpful here. If you have time, Can you please check my figma template, I got hard rejected.

Unfortunately, your template doesn’t look very good. There are many irregularities.

The text is justified from left to right, which does not work at all in the case of websites, especially if the website is responsive.

The colors and layout of your templates are uninteresting and do not resemble modern design.

The icons are of different sizes and are not consistent with each other. You need to spend a lot more time on this. It doesn’t look very good.

Maybe instead of making several designs, focus on this one template/layout.

I’m sorry, but your template doesn’t look modern and has a lot of changes ahead of it.

@artbart Thanks for the input, you’ve given me a sense of direction

1 Like

Hello yura, I recently got hard rejection on my figma template, I do pointed some reasons but i have question I used images from istock without any licenses basically I just right clicked and copied and paste and some of them I saved and used is that a reason why i got hard rejected and 2ed question - if i don’t have any license for image can I just use placeholder instead of images and still get approved ?

You definitely shouldn’t use images (of any kind, licensed or not) in your template. Instead, you MUST use grayscale placeholders (and better create these placeholders by yourself in Figma or Illustrator like:Empty Placeholder Image Icon Design Stock Vector (Royalty Free) 1366372628 | Shutterstock). In the template preview, you can use images but only with a Creative Commons license (from pexels.com, for example). However, you must note in your template description that images are not included in your template. In the help file, you may provide direct links to the website where you got images for the preview. The same thing applies to icons. Create them yourself or use Google Icons, but note this for the reviewer and customer.

can i use free adobe stock / any free stock images which they clearly mention will not give you any copywrite on my website which I’m going to sell on themeforest, will i get approve on my theme if i use these types of free stock images ?

All images that you use must have Creative Commons license, I’m not sure if Adobe has this type of license for its free images

If the license permits (not all Adobe ones do) you can use them in the demo but you must replace any stock content with place holders in the download version

1 Like

you can use images license free like pexels.com, uniplash.com, etc you can search in google and read licenses before you can use and also vectors. But you can use placeholder for file to buyers.

Thank you so much for helping me. I just wanted to ask if I will use white image placeholders, will they approve me? And will my customers be disappointed because I’m not providing actual images but just placeholders? Also, if I edit images slightly or take my own pictures, do I need to show the licenses regardless? Is it compulsory? to show licence do they catch us if we don’t have?

What is Creative Commons license please explain

It’s not a choice - envato will reject the item if you do not swap images out for placeholders.

If you are using your own photos (editing stock is no different) then it’s slightly more flexible but end of the day it’s just safer and easier to remove all assets and use place holders

In the public demo you can use sites like unsplash or even mainstream stock like Adobe or Shutter stock assuming the images are licensed to be used in commercial projects. You need to read the license for whatever image you are downloading which will talk about commerical use.

That is outright theft and will get you blocked. If you want to use stock photos then you need to buy them properly under the right license.

Hey everyone, I’m seeking some assistance with my design. It’s been getting rejected repeatedly, despite my efforts to fix it and upload it multiple times. If anyone could spare a moment to take a look, I’d really appreciate it. Here’s the link to the Figma design. This is my first template upload attempt, so any guidance would be valuable. Thanks!

Hey Artbart,

Hope you’re doing well! I’ve been having some trouble with my design lately. Would you mind lending me a hand? Despite my best efforts, it keeps getting rejected. I’ve tried tweaking it and re-uploading it several times, but no luck. If you could spare a moment to check it out, I’d really appreciate your expertise. Here’s the link to the Figma design. This is my first template upload attempt, so I’m hoping you can provide some valuable insights. Thanks a bunch!