Orchestral Track, Hard Rejected, Any Feedback would be Appreciated

Hey guys!
This track just got rejected:

https://soundcloud.com/forgotten_sounds/adventure-begins-preview

If you have time, please listen to it and give me your feedback, I’d really appreciate it!

P.S. I had also put a short version, and a loopable version of the piece in the item that got rejected.

The audio is distorted and there’s a strange beeping during the whole track, this must be the reason.

EDIT: I have to apologize, I just listened with a different headphones and these issues were gone. The problem was on my end, I was using faulty headphones.

The quality of the track would be, in my opinion, arrangement, quality of instrumentation and a lack of expression in the lead instrument. This kind of track needs to be full of orchestral wonder if it was to be approved. IMHO.

Seems like I’m no good at mixing and mastering, because even now that you’ve mentioned it, I still can’t hear the beeping! :smile:

Thanks for the feedback my friend! :pray:

Yes, the composition and orchestration both aren’t that rich and elaborate. :+1:
No matter how proud I am of this work, to the ears of a professional it could still sound amateur. :smile:

Thanks for sharing your opinion my friend! :pray:

I have to apologize, I just listened with a different headphones and these issues were gone. The problem was on my end, I was using faulty headphones.

Oh, no problem! Thanks for letting me know! :smile::+1:

Well… I think it’s a nice idea… probably I would take care of the harmonic chords combination, avoiding conflicts between voices. I think curators are expecting clear roles in the harmonic development. Listen at 1:14, you can appreciate some contradiction and disonances in the chord, in my opinion this must be clear to be accepted … this happens again at 1:52… it think it ca be cool in some situations and contexts, but I don’t know what 's the curator’s opinion about this … I’m affraid probably they want clearer deffinition on harmonies.
Just my opinion :smiley:
Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you so much for giving me your opinion! :pray:

Well, since I come from a funeral doom metal background, and haven’t still mastered the music theory, I can see how the piece could end up with some dissonances without me realizing it! :smile:
I should study more!

Well, good luck to you too, and thanks again! :+1:

1 Like