My account keeps closing

Hi. My account is constantly locked while purchasing a product. This is the 5th account I’ve tried. This situation, which is experienced on a large site like Envato, gives a very amateur impression.

1 Like

Hi @mredip,

Please open an Envato Customer support Help ticket and let them know. They are the right team to assist you.

Thanks

yes they are very helpful by permanently closing my account
Just because of this, I opened 3 more accounts and 3 were closed!

Hello, I had the same issue today. I am really sad that something like this will be happening to me when I need to work and serve my clients. What are your reasons for this causing me such pain?
I have not done anything wrong so why lock my account ??
I need my account unlocked asap else I will take legal action & any other necessary steps to claim damages against Envato

1 Like

I have the same problem and there is no customer service for this issue. It should be a shame for Envato such a big company has no solution for customers.

1 Like

There can be various reasons why an account is locked - these can range from paypal disputes that buyers have lodged (which then takes time to sort out) to fraudulent activity on an account. Like most marketplaces Envato will have a dedicated team who scan and check all purchasing, and if something flags up, then for their own reasons they may lock accounts. As suggested by @mgscoder then the best option is to contact their support team as forum members can only advise - we do not hold the gold key to the toolbox :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It is a disgrace to make such decisions for no reason!

They will have reasons for doing so, but as stated in the email, they do not disclose those reasons. It’s a shame, but unfortunately there’s nothing you can do.

It is a violation of the rights of the account owners because they paid for the products in their accounts. Legal action can be instituted. The least I expect is for Envato to allow the victims to download their products and thereafter delete their accounts. Why keep our details when you know you don’t want us on your platform anymore?.

If you read the Envato terms of service, you’ll see that Envato have the right to suspend or block accounts at any time…

Have you paid for products? I don’t see any buyers badge on your account. There’s rarely purchases on a blocked account as most suspensions are at the point of account creation, or when the first payment is attempted. At that point, the payment is refunded. There may be exceptions though, so you should contact support about a refund if you paid for a product that you have never had access to.

And I would be surprised if Envato keep your details on file for any significant length of time after your account has been suspended, but you could always contact support and check.

2 Likes

I doubt that envato would ever allow people to download items before closing their accounts.

Buyers are not buying the item, they are buying the license to use an item. When the account is suspended or revoked, so is the license. As @SpaceStockFootage - this usually happens at the point of purchase (which does not go through) rather than once items are in an account, so usually no one ends out of pocket.

1 Like

I’ve been using the account since 2018 why is it now that you are bkocking my account for no reason?
I’ve reached out to the CEO for help because I can never understand what happened that led to this awkward decision.

What is the reason? how can i fix this problem. obviously it’s not a problem with us it’s a problem with envato

You can’t fix the problem unfortunately. They will have reasons for disabling your account, but as stated in the email, they do not disclose those reasons. It’s a shame, but unfortunately there’s nothing you can do.

accounts closed when purchasing a product. it doesn’t suit the envato

Indeed

hello i am having the same problem. They sent an email that they will refund my money. Why they are returning my money is something that no one knows what is wrong. a ridiculous organization created at such a time

1 Like

What they do is beyond amateurism, it is fraud, buffoonery, ugliness.

1 Like

It’s a disgrace for such a famous site to do this kind of thing.