Multiple Author Accounts

In line with keeping our marketplaces fair for all, we want to clarify our expectations regarding author accounts.

Authors are not allowed to have more than two accounts - one exclusive, and one non-exclusive.

Our focus is on keeping things fair for all authors, and we encourage you to work from one account as it helps to build account reputation, as well as customers’ trust.

We do, however, understand that there may be instances you might require an additional account. Exceptions may be considered on a case by case basis.

We want to ensure that everyone has the best opportunity to succeed. Any accounts found to have been created with intent to breach our policies will not be tolerated.

You can read the article concerning this in our Help Centre.

37 Likes

Great stuff! Keep 'em coming @steve_lam!

4 Likes

@steve_lam @collis

Good

1 Like

good job!, I have two more Envato Accounts but all are Exclusive…

I thought I will make one for Actions One for Mock-ups and One for powerpoint templates…

Should I contact Envato to delete my two A/c. I will only use my this A/c. then.

I did this because on Envato there is no setting to “Organise” your Items. It looks dirty when one item is action and one is mockup

1 Like

Contact support and inform them about this. They’ll be the best to guide you forward!

Cheers!

7 Likes

I have two accounts but Do I can remove my account jeriteam and I use erikaivo account?

1 Like

As mentioned by Steve, get in touch with Envato Authors Help and Support, let them know that you have 2 accounts and ask for feedback on how to proceed. They’re the best to guide you in account matters.

3 Likes

Thank you I will make a message for supports regards

2 Likes

What could be the solution if someone wanna run 3 accounts as exclusive or any company facility. Facility for software firm who dedicatedly works for envato only

1 Like

This is good decision.

1 Like

This would be the best solution! Contact support and they’ll guide you to how to do this or if it’s possible based on what you privately discuss with them.

Cheers! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How much time will we be given to fix and delete unnecessary accounts? I wrote 3 days ago in support, there is no answer yet.

1 Like

@steve_lam Ha-ha, I know at least 5-6 accounts registered to one ‘user’. I’ve reported them in the past but you did nothing. All accounts use same theme (i.e. only different demos). I think a lot of authors know what account I’m talking about.

If you do search for some keywords you’ll see that a lot of themes (about 90%) are from these accounts on first two search result pages. Yes, it’s fair competition. Nothing more to say.

1 Like

Great move :ok_hand:

That was then and this is now. I suggest reporting these accounts to Envato Authors Help and Support. The Integrity Team will handle these in due time. Cheers! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @Enabled!
I hope we won’t be fined right away? :joy: I have 3 accounts now, but they still have not answered (support Envato). Is there a time set for correcting deficiencies due to the new rule?
Thanks!

1 Like

What the difference? These rules were not introduced yesterday.

1 Like

@CleanMagicAudio, at the moment there is no established protocol from what we’re aware as mods as to the timeline of these events, this is why you should notify Envato Authors Help and Support about your multiple accounts and they can guide you further.

@kotofey, trust me mate. Report any multiple accounts of the magnitude you’ve mentioned to Author Support. As I said. That was then, this is now! The new rules are clear. Multiple accounts are not tolerated. Read more here. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @Enabled!

1 Like

Hello,
How can i create new account for non exclusive?
I need to make on my name, the same email, username, etc?

And how can be moved themes from exclusive to non-exclusive?

Ps: revenue is 30% for non-exclusive?

Thanks