Missing source files from "Up and Running with AMP"

I am also having problems locating source files for : Up and Running with AMP. Tutor says in video ‘you should have received or been given access to course source files’, but fails to give any idea how this is accomplished!!

Any help / suggestions appreciated.

@Dabnis The source files are available from GitHub. The link is on the right hand side.

Well I can not see the files that are refereed to in the video other than the completed project files. The starting css file is not there.

Video: https://webdesign.tutsplus.com/courses/up-and-running-with-amp/lessons/css-and-amp.

The file that I am asked to open is ‘general_styling.css’ . I say again this is not on gitHub.

Ah-ha, I see. Maybe @kezzbracey has some idea?

Hi,

As I don’t have a twitter account I am assuming that you will chase this up with the tutor.

Regards.

Jonathan

Having continued to view this course I am now somewhat concerned that many technical aspects of what this tutor is promoting are totally wrong. My confidence in this course has now diminished to such an extent that I do not want to go further due to a lack of trust in what the tutor is promoting, here are just two examples:

Tutor states : AMP image width & height image attributes allow the browser to create place holders for images before they download they by stopping the movement of text when images are placed as part of AMP’s image optimization.

FACT: see https://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_img_width.asp
As stated by the w3c:
Tip: Always specify both the height and width attributes for images. If height and width are set, the space required for the image is reserved when the page is loaded. However, without these attributes, the browser does not know the size of the image, and cannot reserve the appropriate space to it. The effect will be that the page layout will change during loading (while the images load). Which as we all know has nothing to do with AMP.

Secondly:
Tutor often refers to AMP’s image optimization in fact constantly in one video on AMP images.

FACT : AMP does not optimize images see : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34385509/how-does-amp-html-support-image-optimization + many other web sources. The srcset attribute referred to is a HTML5 attribute & nothing to do with AMP.

The above are just two of many examples that I could give.

Can I claim my money back for this course, if so then please advise.

@Dabnis, I’ve updated the course repo with the starter files:

• amp_styling.css
  • font_awesome.css
  • general_styling.css

and the inaccurate / misleading course content? It is as if the tutor has been injected with Google media juice! Works well as an advert for AMP, but needs to do her research on the facts before praising AMP for everything.

Very poor technical content, gives the impression that she put this together solely to make money without any thought for those who may actually watch it!

I would not recommend for anyone at any learning level.

Thanks for the feedback @Dabnis–we’ll certainly take your thoughts into account.