"Jazz Guitar Intro" Track Rejected

This track was rejected on quality grounds. I put it in the Jazz category although it’s perhaps not pure jazz. Just curious what you think is wrong with it?

strong textDropbox - Jazz Guitar Intro - Preview.mp3 - Simplify your life

Of course it’s not jazz. More of a blues rock ballad. Too long for indent, too short for track. Can you make a development and stretch it up to 2 minutes? But that’s just my opinion.

Damn it I was hoping to get into Jazz Club.

Hi!!!
In my opinion, the reason of rejection is not good enough sound quality. In this video Jazz Guitar Intro - Preview_EDIT, I tried to improve the sound quality (I think I succeeded). Since I don’t speak English, I can’t comment on my actions in this video, I’m sorry. I will write here in a few words. 1 - corrected the frequency balance. 2 - fixed the stereo base (reduced the side and increased the mid components). 3 - added saturation. 4 - just adjusted the volume of the corrected track to the source. I think it will be enough to apply these actions at the mastering stage to get a high-quality sound.
Good luck.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for doing this! I will try to take on board the things you showed on the video.

It’s not jazz by any means, and I think it sounds a bit busy. If I were you, I’d put some tremolo on the guitar maybe add some human whistle, and vibraslap, and try to rework this into a 30 sec Spaghetti Western ident, it could make a useful for westerns as an intro, or USA/Americana themes etc.