Is this practice allowed?

At that point reviewers should know it better than Michael Jackson’s Thriller

stream-lining the work flow and reducing time and effort. Now that’s good business sense.

was he on AJ - COOL.

1 Like

I prefer this :joy: :joy:
Classic!! :smiley:

lol I know this version. Fantastic! :purple_heart:

I understand that but in this case it’s really repellent.
It’s not really ok. I know that customers buying this tracks but they buying literally the same track. I reported very similar issue 3 weeks ago to support but they only issues it to level 3 team a week ago.

1 Like

This track is on standby ready for Halloween (October) submissions.

2 Likes

This is cool @Manriquedelara
Maybe this is the solution, report these cut paste authors with more accounts and (almost) same tracks. No one needs this pathetic unprofessionalism around here!

2 Likes

Probably a dumb question, but… would it be impossible to set up some sort of fingerprinting algorithm here in AJ? Something like Youtube’s Content ID? That would catch this sort of cheating as well as misuse of construction kits etc.

I remember reading threads in this forum about tracks being rejected because they were too similar to previously rejected tracks. I was somehow led to believe that some kind of fingerprinting system was in effect and flagged items as such. Is that too optimistic? :slight_smile:

It’s been a request for years. No reason why it couldn’t be implemented. It could also help buyers find tracks they can’t locate.

… as well as purge similar tracks from the database and help AJ maintain a much leaner/cleaner catalog, flag and remove duplicates during upload and reduce workload for reviewers, cut down on review queue…

2 Likes

I’m not sure a content ID system would work if people are making tiny variations to their tracks; to our ears it may be obvious that the 2 tracks are effectively identical, but the algorithm will still report a non-match because it’s only looking at a line of binary data.

Also, it contains “beautiful” into the description… i thought it was not permitted by the guidelines… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Feeling shocked, I wasn’t aware of the ammount of cheating with identical items! ENVATO?

1 Like

Very informative. Thanks for the post fellow!

Think of it like the phase meter in your DAW. The phase meter compares left and right channels on a stereo bus and yields a correlation of 1 if they are identical (ie source is mono). It yields a correlation of 0 if left and right channels have nothing in common. A similar algorithm implemented in AJ could do the same comparison across stereo files, and may operate on conditions such as “delete track automatically if correlation = 1” or “flag track for human review if correlation > 0,9” etc.

1 Like

Pls apologize my post! So I changed it now.

4 Likes

Unbelievable. Clearly all the same user, and if you check out their three portfolios it’s just more and more of the same.

Does anybody from Envato’s official team even read this thread?

My goodness… it’s the same track spread over several accounts.
But if you check the accounts individually, the same track is pasted there as well.

Sometimes this place can be such a snakepit… delete and ban these sad gits.

1 Like