In Elements, do the returns vary depending on the price of the items?

In Elements, do the returns vary depending on the price of the items?

No, earnings are based on the Subscriber Share model. You can read about it in detail here.

But in really simple terms, if a buyer only downloads one image the whole month, the photographer of that one image gets their entire share of about $15 (half of what an unlimited subscription costs them.) But if a buyer download 100 images, we get a much smaller share of that $15. It’s sad in some ways because it isn’t a refection of the quality of our work but rather a reflection of what each buyer downloads. But since I earn way more than I ever did when selling images for a flat price, I don’t mind the Subscriber Share.

1 Like

You completely missed the point of Elements. There items have no price and no worth on their own. The items are not being monetized, it’s merely the access to those items that is.

Before agreeing to abusive terms, it’s best to try to understand them.

The subscriber share value of each Elements item is weighted a little differently, depending on their category - a photo or pattern is not weighted as heavily as a more complex item like an After Effects video template, or a WordPress theme.

That would affect your returns if a customer licences more than one item type during a month.

For example, half of a customer’s subscription fees are paid to the authors of content they license during the month. If they licensed 1 photo and 1 video template, the template author would receive a larger share of the author revenue from those licenses.

1 Like