Important changes to Elements Content Bonus

of course he won’t

1 Like

We just made the switch this week :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: But we will definitely be sharing information as well as customer trends/insights as we go.

I don’t know if it’s a silly question, but was the bonus cut decision made without a solid plan of what to do next or was the bonus cut decision made precisely after doing a lot of research and coming up with a solid plan that will in fact benefit the marketplace and authors?

Most definitely after a ton of research and strategy planning.

Because it’s reality. And in reality there are many variables, that may or may not impact our earnings. That’s why we don’t see a straight line, that’s going up constantly in our statistics. There are ups and downs. Always.

I’m always having these huge drops in income during this time of the year. Maybe because of a big wave of new authors, maybe because of the war in Ukraine, maybe because of something else. During these periods, I can only hope that my income will increase again and do the only thing I can - improve my skills and make more high quality music.

And that Content Bonus is one of a very few things in a see of variables, that’s constant. It gives authors an opportunity to actually influence our revenue. We contribute new tracks = we have more earnings.

More subscribers may lead to increase in income on paper. In reality it may not. At least we can’t be sure about it. Without Content Bonus all that’s left for authors, is to blindly go into the unknown. And for authors (like myself) who chose to build their career and life around Envato, it’s a pretty bad news.

1 Like

So strange that you know so much about customer needs and so little about authors. Nokia with Skype probably also spent a fortune on research, before leaving top tear with that huge knowledge. Who knows maybe they also forgot that their authors and ARE CLIENTS too?

5 Likes

what is even the point of creating a discussion about this decision?

You know you are going to cut a 10 to 20% income to all authors, and of course we are not happy about it.

Have our opinion any relevance and can make a difference? NO
Are you going to listen our concerns and do something about it? NO

For Envato we are just numbers, while we should be considered the living heart of it.

You want to see income grow, no matter how a single author earn or if this income will be shared among all others, does not affect you.
It’s almost digital slavery, because we have no power to do anything about it, and we are forced to accept your decisions or leave.

Just do like creative market, the canceled the forum so we can not even discuss about what you decide, what is even the point to do it?

10 Likes

They’re giving you a heads up, this way you can prepare accordingly.
You don’t have to be a slave,
Look at @themezilla for instance, he has removed his entire portfolio.
That was years ago, but his contact form is still there,
He can still support the past 40,000+ customers that he attained thru Envato that way.

1 Like

How could you expect to increase the size of Elements by reducing the author’s income?

And how could you expect the to authors will keep working with the same motivation after that?

The only way to increase the size of Element’s quality, giving it worth to the author’s.

I don’t really know how many tons of research you made for this planning but this is a different movie with the same scenario with other platforms. They are bleeding now. We don’t want Envato bleeding too because we were a part of this company for years and we love to be here. This is not only about %10 loss. This is all about, the beginning of the same ending of the movie.

I hope EE will return from this mistake.

8 Likes

Content Bonus = New Works

3 Likes

This 100%.
Inflation is increasing and Envato is still charging $16.50 a month indefinitely.
The recent 7-day free trial is like shooting the entire ecosystem in the foot.
Awesome job choosing a new CEO!

18 Likes

I think you need to raise prices for Elements, limit number of downloads, create different plans - individual, corporative. Companies can pay more, but you almost giving away our content for free.

21 Likes

Prediction: They will limit the number of downloads for Envato Market items,
and integrate Market items into the subscription.
So basically for a certain amount you’ll be entitled for unlimited elements downloads
& 10 - 20 Envato Market downloads per month,
So hope to be wrong on this one. :exploding_head::sob:

1 Like

Yeah, inflation is the case at everything like food, gas etc…but envato keeps the same pricing…I also wonder why…

2 Likes

I have been reading this thread from the very beginning. I’m not judging anyone, here’s what I think:

1. Envato has enabled me to earn good money by doing what I like.
  2. The Envato Team has helped me with many things over the years - whenever I had a problem they were there to help immediately.
  3. The bonus we receive has evolved over the years and gave us additional income for the authors - a good income.

Now Envato is taking away our bonus for more promotion and gaining new subscribers.

After years of positive experience with Envato, I confidently and calmly say, "okay, so be it."

I believe that Envato will gain new subscribers indirectly increasing our income.

Let’s not scream, judge, cry … let’s wait. Let’s give Envato time to implement our goals without creating unnecessary confusion around it.

@KingDog @BenLeong and all Envato team - good luck - I believe in Envato success.

20 Likes

Its only taking away some of the bonus (subscribers that have not been actively downloading in a month) I just hope this pans out ok as I have got so used to this level of earnings.

good info. thanks! :innocent:

@BenLeong when are you reopening the audio side of envato elements for applications? It has been closed for a long time, people can’t even apply and audiojungle is dying.

3 Likes

Please. We all live in difficult era. In the great times Envato has supported us and we were happy about that but in the difficult times for Envato we are ready to complain and not to trust or support their decisions. May be they face some kind of difficulties or these are steps for their strategy on the long run " who knows ". They have their reasons and also we. If you don’t like this situation open your own online market or share your creative work in other markets and you will feel the differnces.

For me I will trust them and give them the chance as they did to most of us by offering this lovely environment and community. I feel porud to be among you because I am with best of the best from all around the world.

Please, We need to take respnosibilty as authors and trust their decisions.

This step is for their good and it will be reflected to our good too, I beleive in that. We just need some patience and more creativity.

I support Envato

6 Likes

1.) Increase envato elements monthly subscription
2.) Put a gap to number of downloads (even if it’s 2000, it’s still better than unlimited)
3.) Put a special price for unlimited downloads (100$ a month or something)

It’s simply a ridiculous price for unlimited downloads, now when you have almost everything from envato market on elements. I had subscription as client few times, needed some stock footage, and I swear I was thinking, maaan what a deal. I literally thought, first time in my life, I’m getting way more then I deserved (for what I payed).

26 Likes