Important changes to Elements Content Bonus

I agree with you @EFEKT_Studio and with all respect to you and my lovely authors here

2.) Put a gap to number of downloads (even if it’s 2000, it’s still better than unlimited)

I think a small number of subscribers can download (40 to 100 items per month) they even not reach a 300 items. So, made a marketing mistake by adding a limit of 2000 downloads per month as they can’t reach 150 items per month. In this situation you just make limits to our lovely customers to their real limits as a human being can’t download 2000 items per month and work with this huge number with only one month.

3.) Put a special price for unlimited downloads (100$ a month or something)

Let us imagine that you or any one of us is in the head of Envato team leadership and do these steps but other digital markets ( competators ) to Envato have unlimited downloads with 25$ as an example and you make it " special price for unlimited downloads (100$ a month or something) ". So, our lovely customers will choose what ?! ( 25$ with unlimited downloads / Envato’s Competators ) or ( 100$ with unlimited downloads / Envato ). This is called Competators’ Analysis.

The devil is in the details. So, please think much deeper in your solutions. They already made a very hard deseions with their 100 positions and ready to receive tons of complains.

@BenLeong @KingDog

Let’s Trust Envato

1 Like

Dude you made less then 250 sales on Envato, that is nothing.
I don’t want to offend you, but there is people making a living out of digital products, and a 10-20% cut of their “salary” is a damn lot.

I totally agree with @EFEKT_Studio here, at least increase subscription payment and limit the download numbers

9 Likes

@andre28

Dude you made less then 250 sales on Envato

Sorry, you didn’t understand the situation fully because we are talking about subscrption model ( Downloads ) not sales model. You can see it Here. You admited that by yourself my friend, You are an ELITE AUTHER with over 20000 sales since 11 years and you were happy when things were good ( Golden Era of Digital Goods ) and now just complains when diffucult times and not support or trust this market.

I don’t want to offend you

With All Respect to All lovely People Here :
1st / My items differs from yours. It needs more time and technique than yours.
2nd / My customers were different also from yours.
3rd / I am an EE author.
4th / The most important point that I didn’t catch the Golden Era of Enavto Market but EE and I want to give more time to the business and this great community.

at least increase subscription payment and limit the download numbers

Again you didn’t think well about other popular markets if they provide more cheaper items per month with unlimited downloads. So, how Envato can compete them in this long run race ?

totally agree with @EFEKT_Studio

Again with all respect, These difficult times need real business men to fully understand how things were going and adapt to the current situation .

Could not agree more with you! Why the h… are all those surveys and so on and so on? Lost time, while answering on them. Completely!

However; I am glad and thankful for every single $ I got as bonus in EE! Envato, thank you for that! Deeply!

I had make a statement n-times, about doing something with tax: 30% for some countries. I guess something can be done, no? Or should I move to another country? :slight_smile:

Take care all and have a fine earnings.

2 Likes

It was never only open for Elite authors, and Envato never promised, stated, or even insinuated it would only be for Elite authors, so on that point… you have no idea what you’re talking about.

3 Likes

@andre28

because it was open only for ELITE authors, or at least, this was Envato promise.

Creativity and new ideas … etc is not exclusive to Elite Authors or certain people as an example in video game industury is in a continuous state of developing in all aspects on all levels to achieve development over time.

but NO, they don’t need more time and technique

Your items were done with softwares that I use in the early stages of design ( Pre - Production Phase ), There for I know precisly what I am talking about plus printing industry is much easier than 3D Animation and video games industry and any professional artist would tell you that.

Don’t lick the a$$ of this company, please, we don’t need that.

With all respect, This is a civilised discussion and no need for dirty words, You are just spreading negative thoughts and mislead the judements of people here and this impacts negatively on the creativeity and prduction of authors.

4 Likes

The idea was that only the portfolios with high quality according to the reviewers, would be hand picked by Envato Staff to join Elements, not just Elite Authors, as far as I know since I joined 2019.

I think you’re really overreacting with this, not to mention crossing the line of mutual respect here

3 Likes

@GoForMotion
Sorry if i over-reacted, but it drives me mad to read such comments from people that are here earning couple of $ and don’t understand how other people are impacted in real life.
I make a living out of digital resources, and i have been part of envato for many years now.

The idea was that only the portfolios with high quality according to the reviewers, would be hand picked by Envato Staff to join Elements, not just Elite Authors, as far as I know since I joined 2019.

Maybe i was wrong about being exclusive to Elite Authors (even tho is how they lured us in), but there was supposed to be a selection and limited number of authors, which clearly there is not anymore.

"Elements is for “a few selected authors” here we are 5000 authors later.
“Elements won’t compete with the main market” 10 millions items given away for free.
“Elements will provide an extra steady income” soon it will become the only income.
“Join EE, you’ll receive a bonus for you efforts” From a fixed amount, to %, to zero.

These are facts. Full stop.

@HardEdgeie

Your items were done with softwares that I use in the early stages of design ( Pre - Production Phase ), There for I know precisly what I am talking about plus printing industry is much easier than 3D Animation and video games industry and any professional artist would tell you that.

Production time and efforts do not depend on which software you are using, but quality and details you put into each and every item; i am not saying your items are good or bad, but you cannot say mine are less valuable or quicker to produce, as you don’t have any idea what kind of work is put behind every one of them.

Oh and by the way, here is how Elements works:

And i receive a ton of this… Great job out there!

Anyway, as i previoulsy said, there is no reason for me to continue arguing, since nobody will listen or care about what i think, as well as all others. Good luck to everyone

4 Likes

I have seen a lot of advertisements in internet that they sells envato elements and another marketplace subscriptions pack just only for 1$, just pirate guys illegally gives permission to another Illegal users who pays 1$. I can share links to envato team if its needed.
Def we need put a gap to numbed of downloads.
As I mentioned before on this chat, Im always with envato doesn’t matters what decision they are does, just one friendly reminding that envato also must fight with such pirate sites and sales will go up in a short time.

8 Likes

I agree with guys who says about setting up numbers of downloads, or controling of loggin in / loggin out. Dear Envato do you know that your Standart Single Plan at elements ( i mean 33$/month) don’t have amount of user control ? I mean that once who bought a elements single plan subscription can share it with an infinite number of users!!. Please note that fact. Maybe should set a Loggin in / Loggin out system or something like license seats limitation with inscription “Your are using this account on other device , please logout”

8 Likes

Yeah I also notice that the top level authors are not here , maybe Envato wants us to be top level or get out :joy: , So keep working towards greatness !

We don’t currently plan to pay a cash bonus for these items, but we do expect higher-quality and in-demand content to produce more earnings.

Let’s not create anything anymore for them, until they bring the bonus back.

And I almost never got it in the first place so it doesn’t change anything for me, it’s just that this greed is disgusting

7 Likes

Well, let’s face it guys, did anyone not see this coming? Be honest.
The bonus was a typical tactic used by so many businesses. Get in the best crop of photographers you can find by suckering them in with a bonus or some other “Free” giveaway etc. Then, take it away once you get the amount of images you are looking for to have a core content.
Now, it is just icing on the cake for them. What makes Envato now different from any other stock agency? Where is the value add?

1 Like

It is not going to stop here. Sorry to tell you.

2 Likes

I can tell you that there is one guy who is going to be as mad as we photographers and that is the poor developer who had to build all the content bonus logic into the web app and now has to rip it all out. UGH! Nothing we devs hate worse than ripping out logic we bled over for months.

I agree, it was presented to us in a way that made it sound like we were hand picked, and as such would get better rates. And back then, the bonus was crazy good.

Situation with the authors on Envato is clear and simple, past few years Envato as a kind of community with authors does not exist it is already based on own profit at any cost… so we have a Market that has failed and authors whose earnings have dropped drastically and Envato does nothing on the contrary it still takes away traffic with aggressive banners towards EE…
Tomorrow it will happen with Elements (such decisions are only first steps towards that) and the authors are consumer goods with Envato which must share some money (of course the goal is to keep it as small as possible).
I will not say I support Envato and blindly trust them :grinning: because I don’t think anyone gave me anything, Envato took his part and if ever Envato leadership understands that authors are not enemies and manages to get is satisfied authors then we can talk about some progress entire platforms.

11 Likes

Payment of a stimulating nature - plays a very important role in my creative activity, specifically for your site. All medias start being uploaded to your Envato Elements site first. It is a pity that it will not be - it brings sad thoughts about the stock industry as a whole. :pensive:

It’s your content, you are almost giving it away for free.

3 Likes

Did you read what i suggested? P5 ran subscribtion too with higher price and limited number of downloads