Important Changes for Non-US Authors/Affiliates/Service Providers

Americans were already buying stuff on envato and I don’t see how new payment methods will drastically improve sales. I would understand if envato would say we want to move to africa where buyers can’t use paypal or credit card and introducing something like orange money would drastically improve sales but now I just don’t get it…

First Compulsory support, now compulsory tax 30% what next you are always paining author’s :cry: you are growing… we are…

it is better to open a poll

1 Like

the move is not for us, it’s for them, that’s what u probably fail to understand, just like i do …

1 Like

dying?! that’s what u meant, come on , dare say it … let’s all have the courage to express how we feel … and tell the right words. Indeed, the good news is that we will only be dead professionally, not physically, there are still worst situations again …

So why bother with new payment methods excuse?

pprrrrrr, i do not belogn to envato headquarters … they wold not like me in anyway, because i would talk the talk and express what authors really feel … and they would not hear it anyway

1 Like

I am lost :smiley: simple question: how much will I earn if I sell a 10 USD item? I’m an exclusive author based in Brazil.

3 Likes

Thats what I wanna know too, though I have option to pick between 2-3 countries were I could potentionally pay taxes. The problem right now I’m not even making enough to run a company :confused:

Very bad news. I am from Argentina. And my country has no treaties with the United States as contained in the list.
Does this mean that I would remove 30% of sales in the United States?

@natman

I am from india. i am not making enough money yearly to pay tax here.
from starting 2016 need to pay tax to india ? or us ?

52% is my current comission rate.

after tax i’ve receive only 22% or 32% commission on each sale ?

really i can’t understand what to do now :frowning:

1 Like

I’ve noticed that most talanted authors here gradually stopped to publish new items. And we have more and more items of low quality. So question is: where is the grow in whole this situation?

8 Likes

out of curiosity, I just checked my last 10 sales and 4 came from US buyers :C

The simple solution is - total sale value PLUS tax, buyer pays.

That would actually be fair, and the buyer can make an informed decision as to the value of their purchase. The majority of items on all the marketplaces are amazing value, I’d prefer to reward and encourage quality authors rather than see them punished due to a corporate restructure or relocation. I’m also a little sceptical that physically moving this internet based marketplace to the US will have a major benefit for authors and buyers.

A great opportunity for the competition to gain some ground I guess?

17 Likes

Agree 100%. If I’m not mistaken, this is how VAT was incorporated into sales beforehand - why are the authors covering this cost these costs this time? I’m genuinely curious about this. If any one has answers please chime in. Thanks!

8 Likes

Simple US market super important, rising prices will drop in sales, so if authors are paying taxes out of their pocket envato keeps revenue going.

Edit #1: I have a buddy in EU, he used to buy a lot before, but after EU tax he just stoped buying. Not sure if he is buying elsewhere or just hiring developers now.

I doubt rising prices will have that much of an effect on sales, as has time and time again been proven. Take a look at the prices of items on competitors’ sites. They are usually a good deal higher.

Maybe I’m wrong. I’d like to hear others’ opinions on this.

4 Likes

yup, increasing item price will bring even worse situation

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

@envato,

you should respect the value of authors , it’s right that author make money to run their life and we are thankful for that and thanks envato but envato also made so much money from this than why they are doing this , we have no money left even if sales increase in US . you are only thinking about your self , @collis please please do not make such changes - it will ruin life of many number of authors .

18 Likes

Just to make things clear: now my commision rate is 52%. After these changes, if someone from US buy my item, I’ll get only 22% from the item price?

I am from Poland.

2 Likes