Important Changes for Non-US Authors/Affiliates/Service Providers

Now I understand why Envato switched to a model where the author sells the item directly to the buyer: the US tax is paid by the author, not Envato.

I just have no word for this, I’m disgusted.

38 Likes

lol, so I create an item day and night for almost 2 months, and the money goes to tax. OMG.

26 Likes

Envato you’re able to expand to America but NOT able to provide a tool for us to opt-out selling to US buyers, seriously? can I LOL now?

9 Likes

As the seller, can’t we choose who to sell to?

4 Likes

Choosing not to sell to US people will earn you even less money. Why? Probably 60-70% of your actual buyers are from US. It’s better to earn 3% of something than 100% of nothing.

1 Like

Its just like envato is telling us NO MORE PARTNERSHIPS. I bet here many authors(developers) have multiple partners who send multiple payment in a month. But as per new rule its not gonna work.

2 Likes

I’m an individual, not a US person and have no Tax ID Number, what should I do?

11 Likes

What will happen to the personal information I put in this form? Is this all sent to the US government?

4 Likes

From positive point of view, if all this changes will bring us more US buyers (as it supposed to), potential growth of sales will overcome any current loss. So I hope Envato counted all pros and cons well.

2 Likes

me too ! and i don’t know what id do now ?

1 Like

We are expected spilt partnership earnings. :smiley:
You did Single withdrawal for one author :frowning:

where is the dislike button :smirk:

14 Likes

lol well that was already hard, now , we 'll have another alternative , changing job , this is that simple, or maybe eat every other day …

1 Like

lol oh really ?! most of us have mainly purchases from the us , so basically in the first place , we will lose money in the first place in order to earn more lol , wow! that’s what i call speculating indeed …

change job? maybe the alternative for the whole of us … after all that’s what this all system was preparing us to do … it will be just a bit sooner tan expected …

in any case, u’ll lose money as most of buyers come from america anyway … one way or another u have no choice … u’ll struggle …

I’m frm india (individual), not a US person and have no Tax ID Number, what should I do?

i use to mention about it, we, authors, are the community and we make it happen, no one else … without us , it just would n’t exist at all …

1 Like

well basically if so that means that u’ll get 0 to 30 less when the fees here are already increasingly high … which means that the ones really working, authors, will get small crumbs of the cake … very fair indeed, a normal multinational environment in short …

I guess a confusing problem here is many of us don’t understand how to interpret these IRS forms and rates pages. I certainly have no idea where to begin. Many authors are not making a large enough income on here to justify paying a tax agent to deal with what is being asked of us here.
With this in mind, I hope Envato will shortly set up some dedicated posts or walkthroughs to show us Non-US citizens how to fill them out, so that we can get on with making content again. Hopefully Envato being more attractive for US buyers will mean a rise in sales for everyone, but showing us how to get through this red tape quickly would go a long way in showing that they care about their Authors.

12 Likes