Important Changes for Non-US Authors/Affiliates/Service Providers

@natman & @collis

Can I change my business data in the future? Introduced in Envato account and W-8?

1 Like

Weren’t we direct sellers to the buyers? Why don’t we have access to our buyers base? I think we are very much entitled to that, how can we make it happen ?

23 Likes

When it comes to paying taxes we are “direct sellers” but when we want buyer’s details or control over prices we are referred to as “authors”.

26 Likes

I think it’s a mistake. DNI is not Foreign Tax ID Number. To fill it you need an ITIN number.

Thanks for answering. This will work just fine for me.

I feel sorry for all authors out there who will suffer economic losses from this!

Someone has started a topic for french people in the thread below, might help.

1 Like

Thanks Typps, appreciate it!

1 Like

I read US and my country has a tax treaty but i can’t see where is the percentage? Why you not make a table for which country citizen how many percentage or something like that? That will clear i think most of the authors mind…

Thanks @EGProductions, but my tax advisor also just told me that the NIF is my Tax ID Number.

Try referring to the linked post below:

In Spain DNI = NIF = Foreign Tax Number
ITIN is the number the US issue for foreigners who don’t have a number from their own country.

@collis

Will I be able to withdraw money in two parts, one part in paypal, and one part in skrill, if my paypal and skrill account info (name, adress etc) are identic like in envato account.

Let me know this. Thanks :smile:

Thanks @natman, it works now.

1 Like

Hey @collis @natman

on above example why we need to pay tax on $36?? in that money you also would make your 12.5% so, isn’t it fair that you pay tax for your 12.5%??? And we pay tax on what we actually get??

CAN YOU GIVE CLEAR ANSWER ON ABOVE QUESTION?

much appreciated.

10 Likes

honestly i do not mind paying tax on my item since that is what run the economy but what i do not agree is to pay tax on evanto part they should pay their own tax on their author fee since this is not my money anyway. Now what they seem to ask me is to pay tax on their profit what in my point of view is not really honest

10 Likes

dear Envato,

YOU SAID that it would be as of January 2016. but why MY items sales already been cut for your taxes? usually if i am selling $12 items i will get $6, now suddenly it is $5.62. eventhough i already fill all the tax information. http://graphicriver.net/user/naz

HELP!!

may be once they start taking money someone would take legal action in US court as they will be collecting money in the name of tax from authors and then taking partial amount from it which is punishable offence.

Hi natman

Thanks a lot for answering my questions!

I think if I’m the seller, I should have the contact information of my clients.
If the national tax authorities would ask to whom I sold my items I can’t say “I don’t know”…

I know why I never enabled the item support for my items but answered every question and also installed the scripts or items of my clients if they had problems to install them on their host… For me, my clients are “King” but I didn’t wanted the support obligation.

For me it seems as the Envato takes the advantages (sellers and authors) and the authors get the disadvantages (sellers and authors). This is just a “feeling”…

Hello! Here are today’s answers.

Yes, if details such as your company name or country of residence change, you should submit a new W form. As your the payment account holder and country need to be the same as those listed on the W form, you would need to update your payment account details at the same time.

As Collis explained in January’s platform discussion, there is a large range and variation in what a platform can look like and how they work. On the one hand there are platforms like Etsy and eBay where money flows directly from the buyer to the seller and the buyer and the seller directly interact. The platform provider typically charges very low fees, and is quite hands off.

On the other hand there are platforms like Google Play and Envato Market. Here the platform plays more of an intermediary role - money flows via the platform, items are subject to a review process, and buyers and sellers interact less. The platform provides more services and usually charges higher fees as a result.

That said, we are keen to grow the interactions between buyers and authors for marketing, sales, support, and community, and give authors more control. One recent move we’ve made on this front is to introduce author-driven pricing for some categories on GraphicRiver. We’ll continue to explore initiatives like this including author access to buyer contact details.

Hi NAZ_, we won’t start withholding until January 1st, 2016. I think this difference is due to our recent introduction of a fixed buyer fee for certain categories on GraphicRiver. Please check out the announcement and let me know in that thread if you have any questions. Thanks!

You called us “direct sellers” and in the same time Envato plays “intermediary role”. How can it be possible? How can we be “direct” if you are between us and buyers? Ok. It was rhetorical question.
Also you say that Envato provides more services. But from my point of view, Envato provides more and more limitations and charges for that higher and higher fees. It will be nice if I can abandon some “services”, and use only one - your customer base and pay fees only for that.

10 Likes