Hello world, how can I test Envato API?

I’m new creator.

I’m building a wordpress theme and I’m just finishing. I want to create API keys for my theme customers, and these API keys will be granted once the user introduces their purchase code in my website. (Like many other themes).

I already know more or less what to do and how, however, I would like to know if there is any method to test my envato API key.

Right now, I don’t have any theme uploaded, but I would like to simulate a purchase and that process. Is there any way to do this?

Thank you!

Hi @WordpressAI!

I’ve made a public sandbox that you can use to test any purchase code verification systems. It perfectly emulates the real API, and if you make any mistakes in your requests, it will send back an error describing what you did wrong and how to resolve it.

You can find the details here:

I recommend skimming through that entire post as there are some edge cases you’ll likely want to account for with the API. The most important things are that you “trim” purchase code inputs of surrounding whitespace and validate them with regex before sending the request.

Cheers!

That was exactly what I was looking for, and as I can see you’ve already done all the job x).

Thank you very much

1 Like