From the Top: Adobe Illustrator for Beginners

Thank you DAN! I took a 16 week class in Ai and have learned more from you in less than 3 hours. I thought I would NEVER understand the pen tool and had honestly given up. You explained it so clearly and it finally clicked. These are silly, but I am really proud of them. I did have trouble with the pencil and trying to make the segments different colors, not sure why? Otherwise, I am pretty happy with my results. Thank you again!

I am taking @danlovesadobe course for beginners. I am so impressed with your teaching skills. I have never done publishing and yet in only three settings I have been able to created (so far) masterpiece. I think it looks pretty good. Thanks so far. BTW I have now entered my first forum and posted my first ever post in a forum. Thanks for that too. I really wanted to upload the image I created, but I guess I am a new user. Maybe tomorrow.

Some of what I came up with from the liquefying and warping lesson. Thanks millions,

Dan :slight_smile: @danlovesadobe

1 Like

My work for the image vectorize lesson, just tried a greyscale pattern for this nice pyramids photo. Thx again @danlovesadobe

1 Like

Homework

@danlovesadobe

5 Likes

@danlovesadobe

2 Likes

It’s a start haha

3 Likes

Hi! Thanks so much for the tutorial. Here’s my penguin greeted by a friendly Portuguese Man of War :smiley:

2 Likes

I love the gradient background!

Polar bear! and it look like you have texture on your surfaces too!

Thanks so much Dan for the tutorial, incredibly easy and fun to follow! I started with your InDesign tutorial and you got me hooked! :slight_smile: Here is my turtle, I cheated slightly and tried the curvature tool
Beautiful designs from everyone! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So much fun creating these patterns!

1 Like

@danlovesadobe

4 Likes

5 Likes

Redraw Icons

1 Like

Thanks for the lesson!
Here is my creation. It’s a start haha.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Hi there!
I cannot download the exercise files and it seems that the problem is on the AWS Amazon, as I can download much larger items w/o problems from other sources.
Is there any other location from where I could get the files?
I will really appreciate your help! Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:
Lucy

Hi @LucyGruber — I’ve added the source files to Github so you can download them from there too: GitHub - tutsplus/adobe-illustrator-for-beginners: Source files for Tuts+ course: Adobe Illustrator for Beginners

(Hit the green CODE button and then Download ZIP)

1 Like

Hi Ian,
Awesome, thank you so much! :):):slight_smile:

Lucy