FreshKiller - Let's group together and give them hell !!!

mythjadesign said

is Freshkiller working.

today i tried to get down several w’ links tomy file and it failed to send almost every email.
one email got throught so i’m sure i did everything right.

Is it working?

It works fine, but the bad sites spring up like mushrooms, so if anything doesn`t work simply find a DMCA mail to them and send to the autor their datas. It will be added to database.

freshface said

@all

If your killed link shows FAILED, it’s usually because that site is not in our database (serverlist.txt in root of freshkiller site, I can’t link to it here for obvious reasons). So just send us an email in this list format:

badsite.com
their.DMCA.email.address@probablybadsite.com
badsite2.com
their.DMCA.email.address@probablybadsite2.com
badsite3.com
their.DMCA.email.address@probablybadsite3.com
... etc ... etc

Every bad site has a special dedicated DMCA email address, look for it on their website.

Once you send us this email, make absolutely sure you let us know here as well so we don’t overlook it.

so i should send their email and link to the file to Envato support?
and some sites have abuse form and don’t have direct email. what should i do about that?
thanks

mythjadesign said

so i should send their email and link to the file to Envato support?

Send abuse email and link to freshface, see the first post in this thread, chapter RULES:

mythjadesign said

and some sites have abuse form and don’t have direct email. what should i do about that?
thanks

Yeah that’s street-level clever, just send a message through that contact form asking to which email address should you forward your DMCA letters, they are legally obligated (almost wrote obliged lol) to tell you. Be persistent.

@all Still waiting for some of those database emails, so far none since we last brought it up again, anyone? :slight_smile:

I just sent some in as out of 20 only 2 files were ok with the others all failing.

Also I may add that there are 3 sites out there that are using a ticket system which seems a little sneaky on there part as it gets them around this type of automated system.

matu said

I just sent some in as out of 20 only 2 files were ok with the others all failing.

Also I may add that there are 3 sites out there that are using a ticket system which seems a little sneaky on there part as it gets them around this type of automated system.

They should have a designated agent with email address, ticket system does not apply. If you cannot find the abuse email on their website, just tell them you want it via their ticket system. Then follow the directions in first post to send it to us.

Just a thought, would you be interested if we hosted the database on github as a public repo? That way it could be easier to contribute. Gimme +1 everyone, just to know if it’s something we should look into or not. Thanks.

^ +1

I recently found new “bad” sites, and had to send DMCA manually.

+1 but would it be open to abuse? i.e. emails removed?

maybe give a select few access that use the program so they can update it

Just checking also did you get the ones i sent to your email? I will send on the emails from the forms

matu said

+1 but would it be open to abuse? i.e. emails removed?

No, all contributions still have to be approved by us. You just have to send us a “pull request”. We would do a quick tutorial for it.

matu said

maybe give a select few access that use the program so they can update it

Yes, we can also give power contributors full control (on github).

matu said

Just checking also did you get the ones i sent to your email? I will send on the emails from the forms

You need to let us know here that you sent us such email because we get tons of emails and most of them are invalid for reply so we naturally can miss some emails.

By the way, if you can’t find an abuse email on their website, try searching through this database of designated agents officially maintained by U.S. Copyright Office. Some of the most popular sites are on there, some are not, but it might be worth a try :wink:

http://www.copyright.gov/onlinesp/list/

If it wouldn’t be in PDFs and sometimes handwritten, we would already scrape it and included it in our database. But if anyone by any chance can get their hands on the same list but machine-readable, let us know.

I have sent emails in as per your advice asking for their agents email… so far one has got back out of 4 and I will send these on once I have a more.

Im wondering if it is worth doing the same with google

http://support.google.com/bin/static.py?hl=en&ts=1114905&page=ts.cs

I came across a the google DMCA from a case on the http://www.chillingeffects.org/about

if we remove them from google then we are killing there main source of traffic … what do you think?

Do you have a time frame to when the new or the sites that I sent in will be added to the database?

As at the moment Im only get a 5% success rate and Im have to report most manually

the emails that I have sent to you are under my matur1981 email.

matu said

Do you have a time frame to when the new or the sites that I sent in will be added to the database?

As at the moment Im only get a 5% success rate and Im have to report most manually

the emails that I have sent to you are under my matur1981 email.

The faster you kick my a** here the lesser the timeframe, you know the drill :slight_smile:

It’s done mate, just uploaded it.

Will look into that github public repo later then.

nice one I’ll give it a whirl later on

thanks again

looking forward to the github update… would it be possible to have the database standalone so people could update on their own pc via a txt file like on the server?

matu said

nice one I’ll give it a whirl later on

thanks again

looking forward to the github update… would it be possible to have the database standalone so people could update on their own pc via a txt file like on the server?

That would fragment the contributions and didn’t offer any motivation for people to push into public repo. The freshkiller app would be updated to connect to the database txt from github server instead of ours.

For the lazy ones we will also create a redirect but not sure how long that redirect will last since it’s on our old domain which we would like to stop using (few years max). That should be enough time for everyone to update to new freshkiller, OS gets installed and uninstalled quite often, right? :slight_smile:

sounds good to me :wink:

by the way I just ran Fresh Killer again and I got 100% success with the new sites added to the database.

+1

All you have to do these days is type in “http://graphicriver.net/” on google and there is bad links on page 1 of the results and the same will happen with the other envato domains or they will be on page 2 etc.

I think the main problem these days is actually the search engines because they will list bad links high still. If they did otherwise and it was not very easy for people to find the bad downloads then sales would be far higher than they currently are for everyone.

Until the search engines actually make these changes though the bad websites will sadly just re-upload authors products with a new name a few days after they get taken down.

Tools like these are a really great idea though and definitely step in the right direction, nice work.

:frowning: Just found my theme on such websites too, some of them give it for free…

This solution is good, thank you for your work, but it doesn’t work for me. I followed all the steps and for all the links i inserted, i got the FAILED message.

@Bittloader

Then you need to read the post on page one and email the links in to Freshface via his profile page and let him know here that you have done so.

I’ll try that too, thanks!