Free download themes

Each month, Envato offers a free download. I have downloaded a few WP themes, yet, when I’ve attempted to upload the zip file through my WP admin page, the upload fails because the theme is missing the CSS sheet.

What can you tell me?

Here is one such theme: http://themeforest.net/item/doctype-a-flat-and-minimal-portfolio-theme/5576976?WT.ac=free_file&WT.z_author=Codestag

the url is for the product page itself, and not the downlaoded item.

Thanks,

Rane

Hey, Unzip the downloaded file. You will find documentation and the installation file in there. Goodluck.

Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.

The link ThemeSama provided refers to a great & helpful article.

Just a small remark on that article to avoid any confusion: You downloaded the ‘free file of the month’ which downloads the complete package immediately after you press the download for free button. It will not appear in your downloads section.

Thanks Bianca,

You said > Hey, Unzip the downloaded file. You will find documentation and the installation file in there.

That is exactly what I needed to do. FYI, for some reason, the actual zip file is within the file you download from envato.

I extracted that zip file, and found all components necessary…Later today, I will download that second zip file, and see what happens.

Thanks

Rane1