Finally - Adrev or not Adrev?

i havent used the link in awhile but when i did it worked within hours.

Im closing my adrev account, its to much of a hassle.

mlamanna said

Then you have decided to give your music away for free :slight_smile:

I think now it is even better, because Envato said what they think about AdRev and now buyers will be more informated and prepared for AdRev :slight_smile:

Not exactly. I have some really serious problems with my clients about Adrev. At least now i decided NOT to submit any track to Adrev. Whole system in premature state.

AudioTrend said
mlamanna said

Then you have decided to give your music away for free :slight_smile:

I think now it is even better, because Envato said what they think about AdRev and now buyers will be more informated and prepared for AdRev :slight_smile:

LumenMedia said

Not exactly. I have some really serious problems with my clients about Adrev. At least now i decided NOT to submit any track to Adrev. Whole system in premature state.

What kind of problems Leon?

It still baffles me when I hear about things like this - yet I donā€™t seem to have had any problems over the past 3 years, despite many tens of thousands of customers using my music on YouTube.

Not all customers ready to have ANY problems with proving ANY claims. This is personal decision to participate or not in ContentID. May be when my sales will be closer to mighty 5000-10000 i will consider AdRev seriously. Not now. Some real example - one of my customers, who make video for Brietling (elite Swiss watches manufacturer) was shocked when all corporate videos, uploaded on Youtube was banned by AdRev. Who cares in this situation about license, 24-96 hours, etc? Imagine my conversation with this poor guy, who risked his reputation and client reputation? No way i wish such situation again. After that case, all my tracks was removed from AdRev. Well, as for now, situation with latest changes became a bit clearer, and i will think 1000 times before uploading anything on Adrev again.
P.S. There is huge amount of customers who do not want to have any additional steps and waiting time. They will simply go elsewhere to markets, where Adrev prohibited.

AlumoAudio said
LumenMedia said

It still baffles me when I hear about things like this - yet I donā€™t seem to have had any problems over the past 3 years, despite many tens of thousands of customers using my music on YouTube.

I think itā€™s great that AJ has finally added the option to give buyers the option to purchase music added to content id or not. I guess only time will tell what buyers truly want and it will take a lot of the individual situations out of the equation. I am eagerly awaiting the numbers because at the moment I am on the fence.

LumenMedia said

Not all customers ready to have ANY problems with proving ANY claims.

YouTube are getting very strict with this now, so users are now having to show proof of authorization on third party material as standard (regardless of where they got their music from) if they want claims removed or wish to monetize their channel. Things have changed greatly in just the last year or so, and thatā€™s just how YouTube is operating these days. No way around it.

This is personal decision to participate or not in ContentID. May be when my sales will be closer to mighty 5000-10000 i will consider AdRev seriously. Not now.

By that logic, youā€™ll be getting more enquiries then, so maybe better to start whilst you have less music on YouTube? Itā€™s the perfect time to draft up premade responses, get to know how to quickly deal with enquiries and understand the process and system inside out, before more people are using your music. Seems like common sense to me.

Some real example. one of my customers, who make video for Brietling (elite Swiss watches manufacturer) was shocked when all corporate videos, uploaded on Youtube was banned by AdRev.

Banned by AdRev?! They have no authority or ability to do that. All they do is administer our music. The only parties that can issue ā€˜video takedownsā€™ is you, the copyright holder of the third party content or YouTube themselves (usually for containing claimed content by another claimant other than yourself). Seems there may have been a misunderstanding somewhere down the line.

Either way, you should always contact AdRev support immediately when something like this arises, to ask for that channel to be whitelisted and all claims removed. They usually do this within a matter of hours.

AlumoAudio said
LumenMedia said

Exactly, never had problems with AdRev. Several times people contacted us and kindly asked how to remove claim, and we removed claim for them. So Im sure AdRev is a great tool for protecting our rights. Otherwise Im sure you are simply giving away your music when you`re not using this opportunity.

AlumoAudio said

YouTube are getting very strict with this now, so users are now having to show proof of authorization on third party material as standard (regardless of where they got their music from) if they want claims removed or wish to monetize their channel. Things have changed greatly in just the last year or so, and thatā€™s just how YouTube is operating these days. No way around it.

Very true. I personally know a director who had to have his documentary ā€œunlistedā€ on YouTube until he cleared his claims. Among the claims was a track by Thomas Bergersen, which they had shelled out a couple thousand for the one track. So itā€™s not just the royalty free stuff getting tagged. Itā€™s all third-party material.

AlumoAudio said

MorningLightMusic said

So itā€™s not just the royalty free stuff getting tagged. Itā€™s all third-party material.

Not sure if Iā€™m misunderstanding something here. Am I to understand that now YouTube is moving to flag any and all videos using third-party music (which I assume means non-YouTube library music) to prove licensing rights, including those music tracks not even registered with Content-ID services like AdRev?

pinkzebra said
AlumoAudio said

MorningLightMusic said

So itā€™s not just the royalty free stuff getting tagged. Itā€™s all third-party material.

Not sure if Iā€™m misunderstanding something here. Am I to understand that now YouTube is moving to flag any and all videos using third-party music (which I assume means non-YouTube library music) to prove licensing rights, including those music tracks not even registered with Content-ID services like AdRev?

Worry not PZ, looking back at my original statement there, I can see it was misleading.

What I was referring to was YouTube reserving the right to ask to see authorization/documentation when users attempt to activate monetization on their videos that contain third party material (either in the form of licenses or written permission, as explained here on YouTubeā€™s official help video: http://youtu.be/L7a9IIIeqSo), which they now seem to be doing pretty routinely.

MorningLightMusic was referring to the proliferation of top tier music libraries that are now tracking their composerā€™s material as standard on YouTube. Just by visiting the AdRev site, itā€™s possible to see a couple of these libraries that have now chosen to partner with AdRev, as acting administrators. The point being, even users of the most premium, licensable music available, are now required to show proof of licensing, when using the music on YouTube.

AlumoAudio said

MorningLightMusic was referring to the proliferation of top tier music libraries that are now tracking their composerā€™s material as standard on YouTube. Just by visiting the AdRev site, itā€™s possible to see a couple of these libraries that have now chosen to partner with AdRev, as acting administrators. The point being, even users of the most premium, licensable music available, are now required to show proof of licensing, when using the music on YouTube.

Thanks for clearing that up! Didnā€™t mean to confuse!

AlumoAudio said

MorningLightMusic said

Thanks for clearing that up! Didnā€™t mean to confuse!

Got it. Thanks, guys! :slight_smile:

Random question - does AdRev show results on a certain date of the month? i check mine almost everyday with no new results and then boom one day it will have ten more videosā€¦

KabbalisticVillage said

Random question - does AdRev show results on a certain date of the month? i check mine almost everyday with no new results and then boom one day it will have ten more videosā€¦

Should be the 15th of each month.

MorningLightMusic said
KabbalisticVillage said

Yep, 15th of each month with a 4 months delay since the first upload.

MusicPremium said
MorningLightMusic said
KabbalisticVillage said

Yep, 15th of each month with a 4 months delay since the first upload.

Only the first upload, or will results always be 4 months delayed?

MusiDale said

Always. At least, this is how it currently works. A bit frustrating.

PurpleFogSound said
MusiDale said

Always. At least, this is how it currently works. A bit frustrating.

Nahhā€¦ It takes a bit more to frustrate this guy :wink: but good to know. Thanks!