February email campaign: FAQs

This thread contains information about the February email campaign, run by Envato Marketing. Stay tuned for nomination threads in the relevant Marketplace forums!

How and when will I be told if my item(s) are chosen to be on the landing page?

We will contact all authors whose items are selected for promotion in this campaign, via the email address provided.

What if my item isn’t chosen to be in the campaign?

We will only contact authors whose items have been selected for promotion in our campaign.

What if I want to withdraw my nomination?

If you’ve changed your mind, simply flag your nomination comment and let us know that you want to withdraw your item from consideration.

Could you remind me again of the item requirements?

Items featured in this campaign should be:

• High quality, well presented, and up to date
  • Minimum rating of 4 stars (TF, CC, VH and GR only)
  • Items must have a minimum 20+ sales
  • Items that have been actively selling in the past 6 months
  • Items that have been well-received by customers
  • Items that have been added in the last year
  • To help us be sure that the discount is off your normal sale price, the nominated item must be listed at a consistent price for the 30 days leading up to the promotion period. More information on how to promotional prices is available here.

How are items selected?

All items nominated must meet the criteria selection listed above. Items for the promotional will then be chosen by the Envato Marketing team.

Who is responsible for changing the price of items?

Item prices will be automatically changed.

• Batch 1 items will have their prices changed on Feb 12
  • Batch 2 items will have their prices changed on Feb 20

As the items are in Author-Driven Pricing categories, after the campaign ends it will be up to the author to decide whether to leave a discount in place, manually return the price to its original level, or set a different price altogether. As with all pricing decisions under our Author-Driven Pricing policy, that’s entirely up to you.

Any other questions?

If you’ve got any related questions, just reply to this forum topic :slight_smile: Everything you post here will be read by our team. Anything pertinent and/or important will be added to the FAQs, and we’ll post updates when new questions and answers have been added.

3 Likes

@BenLeong, support is not included in free item, am I correct?

Hi @themezaa! Yes, that’s correct - the free item will have our standard free download rules, and the text below the download button will explain that support and updates aren’t included.

It will look something like this, but with a different date range:
31%20pm

1 Like

Got it, thank you.

1 Like

@BenLeong In the same place 30+ sales were written, and here 20+ sales. Who to believe?:grin:

Yes I have the same question, I read here that 20+ sales were needed to apply, so I jumped on it. But here it says that 30+ sales are needed: February email campaign: AudioJungle nominations

Thanks!

Hi @CleanMagicAudio & @MojoSoundtrack. Good catch! The correct figure should be 20+ sales for this campaign - I’ll update the other post :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @BenLeong , do I need to have both at least 4 stars and at least 20 sales or I can go with one of this criterias? Nowadays customers doesn’t really tend to leave reviews as much as they used to. Even on the items that sell really well.

1 Like

Hi @CinemaEternal :slight_smile: For this campaign, both the minimum ratings and sales criteria are required.

AudioJungle is an exception here, due to low numbers of reviews across that marketplace - I’ll review the VH nominations once this one closes, to see whether we also need to make the requirement sales or ratings on that market as well. At the moment, it looks like there are still ~100 VideoHive items nominated so far that meet both criteria though.

Hey! User cannot also rate free items, am I right?

Hi, I am unable to nominate my script. Can you please help?

Regards
CodeGlamour

@greatives Sorry about the huge delay - I thought I’d replied to your post weeks ago! Yes, that’s correct - in order to leave a rating, customers must have purchased a license for that item.

@codeglamour - nominations for this campaign closed on Feb 5th. We’re still taking item nominations for our Mega March campaign though - you can find more information about that one here.