Every adventure begins with a single step

About five years ago, I took a step and applied for a job here at Envato. I remember being excited and nervous and unsure that I would even get it. I was so excited to get the call that said I had made it. Just a couple of months in I was on my first trip representing Envato at a conference and meeting authors for the first time. It was the start of a beautiful adventure.

Now, the time has come for me to take the next step on my adventure. I’ll be finishing up my staff role here on the 16th of October and joining Gravity Forms (in the WordPress space) as their new Community Experience Manager.

As I’ve been reflecting on my time here at Envato, there have been a lot of great moments. From helping to launch Elements to launching Envato Worldwide to the launch of Template Kits, there have been some amazing things we’ve been able to do together.

The opportunity to get to know this community of incredibly gifted and talented creators is something I will treasure forever. I am so lucky to have been able to meet many of you in person, hear your stories and see the impact you have had on Envato.

You haven’t just impacted Envato, you’ve had a profound impact on me too. Whether walking and talking about WordPress late at night on the streets of London, enjoying a sauna and studio tour in Moscow, scooting down the streets of LA talking video or whitewater rafting and discussing graphics in Yogyakarta, this community has made me feel welcome, been unafraid to tell me how they really feel about things and always willing to share their stories.

Thank you for welcoming me into your lives, into your homes and into your creativity. I will miss getting together with you for those shared experiences but I am so proud of the team we’ve built here at Envato who are just as passionate as I am about you and what you do.

I’ll still be around Envato, just in a new role as a member of the customer community. I hope we’ll run into each other and you can always check in on me via social media (my username is jamesgiroux pretty much everywhere).

All the best to each of you and I cannot wait to see what you publish next. :wink:

51 Likes

That’s awesome @jamesgiroux, congrats. If you are ever in Vancouver / Victoria area, please let me know.

1 Like

@jamesgiroux - Good Luck James!!! Thank you for everything and don’t forget to come back here from time to time :slight_smile:

best wishes. :+1: :partying_face:

1 Like

Congrats on your achievement here and good luck on your next life adventure :grinning:

1 Like

I attended Envato Worldwide in 2019, want to say that James has the creative gift of inspiring people and motivating them to move forward! :zap: (these are great moments) It’s always interesting to listen to you and meet you live! Thank you for the fact that I receive from you only positive emotions and creative charge! :zap: Good luck James on this new journey! :handshake:

2 Likes

Great to see such enthusiasm. That is awesome :partying_face:

2 Likes

hi James good look for all future endeavors , we all wish u the very best :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A new stage in life is always an exciting moment. Thank you for being with us and good luck in reaching new heights, James! :partying_face: :muscle:

4 Likes

Congrats, wish you all the best with your new journey :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi James! We wish the best luck to you in the future! Thank you for your amazing impact!

2 Likes

Congratulations on the next step on your adventure! :blush: Oh, so this is James, I didn’t immediately recognize by your new avatar (just WOW!), so you will definitely be rich (proverb)! :blush:

2 Likes

Good luck!! It was a pleasure.

Be happy.

2 Likes

Congratulations @jamesgiroux. Thanks for all you’ve done, and best of luck at Gravity Forms. They’re lucky to have you.

2 Likes

Thanks for the well wishes everyone!

1 Like

Congrats @jamesgiroux on all your achievements and thanks for everything you have done for us creators. Hope this new journey adventure will be a super successful and rewarding one.

Cheers,
Paul

1 Like

Thanks @jamesgiroux for what you’ve done for our community and congratulations on your new adventure at Gravity Forms. Wish you all the best :innocent:

4 Likes

You are the right person in the right place and this will make Envato greater than ever :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
My Best Wishes

1 Like

Congrats on your achievement !!!

Congrats and good luck James, stay safe…

It was a fun time hosting you in Cracow and Warsaw. I wish you and your family all the best!

Good lord, Envato just has lost an awesome charismatic speaker and leader.

Let me know if you come to Poland again!

2 Likes