Envato keep charging my card when I never agreed to the service

Moreover, they keep hiding my complaints.

I went onto Envato to buy a template for a website. While I was purchasing the template for $18, a button came up saying that I could ‘upgrade’ to unlimited downloads for $29 per month. I purchased the upgrade and looked for my template. I did not see it and thought there was a technical error.

I then downloaded a few items to see if it was working at all. At this point, I discovered that the item I wanted to buy was not part of the unlimited downloads per month and emailed envato. I asked for a refund of my $29 as it was completely useless. Richard Girling refuse to refund me for my $29.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? If so, we could launch a class action lawsuit against them.

1 Like

If you have not already done so, then you need to cancel your subscription to envato elements or it will continue to run and charge you. Here’s how: https://help.elements.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/220734788-Cancelling-Your-Subscription

Regarding not receiving a refund, the only people who can help with this would be Envato Help & Support Center although it does sound like they have taken a decision on this.

Unfortunately this is not a matter for the forums as no one outside support will be able to help you.

1 Like