Documentation for Laravel based script

Hi Guys, this is my first post here.
I had a soft-rejection for my script Stockify. Anyways, the email said this :

• Please make sure the code adheres to PSR standards.

• Make sure that the code doesn’t raise any PHP errors, notices or warnings. Please set error_reporting(E_ALL)

• Please double check for common security vulnerabilities: SQL injection, XSS, CSRF etc

• Please make sure the item doesn’t contain any encrypted code or a third party licensing system.

The documentation is a little lacking.

i double checked everything. But i have a concern about the documentation. Should i cover only the install in localhost or the install in the localhost & web hosting. Because i’m using OVH and it’s quite different than the others, also i don’t have a VPS.
One more thing, i want to create 2 types of documentation. Video & Images w/ Texts, is it okay or too much ?
Thank You Guys and Happy Coding

• Documentation should cover installation steps for “general use”. Most of your customers will want to install on a webserver, usually shared or VPS, so those are probably a good idea of “general use”.

• It should also give detailed information on how to use the features in your app after the installation.

• You can never have too much documentation, but you can have too much clutter. Make sure the documentation is easy to navigate and read, feel free to create multiple types too. :slight_smile:

For a laravel app, try to provide a zipped “ready-to-go” version of the app. Include the vendor directory and everything else so the user can simply extract the files, change some configuration (if needed), and get it working right out of the box.

If needed, you can create a small installer within your app to set up any databases etc. on first run.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.
I’ll do my best