Display a list of all categories on a page (Wordpress)

Hi everyone,

I want to know how to display a list of all categories in my (wordpress) website on one page. I’d like to display a list of links to all my categories in a on a page WITHOUT showing the posts under categories.

I have large list of categories and that´s why I´m asking for this. And i pay for this. Please send me you price!

Take a look at my portfolio, you will find one plugin that does that.

Also, if you don’t need premium plugin, I am sure you can find something for free on wordpress.org

OriginalEXE said

Take a look at my portfolio, you will find one plugin that does that.

Also, if you don’t need premium plugin, I am sure you can find something for free on wordpress.org

Hi. I don´t think your plugin (Categories Grid) is what i´m looking for. According to your plugin you need to add shortcode for every category ID, I need simple plugin (One shortcode) to show all categories in a page. I have almost 1300 categories.

I already checked wordpress without any luck.

There’s no need for that, you can just use a shortcode without id parameters and it will display all of them.

OriginalEXE said

There’s no need for that, you can just use a shortcode without id parameters and it will display all of them.

Ok, I will buy your plugin and test it.

Thanks, if you have any prepurchase questions let me know.

Ahw common, just lead this person to the function: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_categories

There will be this line of code: it does JUST what you want:

<?php
$args = array(
  'orderby' => 'name',
  'parent' => 0
  );
$categories = get_categories( $args );
foreach ( $categories as $category ) {
	echo '' . $category->name . '
'; } ?>
1 Like

Please where do i paste this code, because i need it to be able to list all my categories. thank you

You can get list of all categories with get_categories function.
get_categories() | Function | WordPress Developer Resources
Now, you can query posts for each category with query_posts, that may create some load on your page though

Hi I want something like that. but I could not find your plugin. could you send me the direct link?