Couldn't find layer

Hi there,

I try to create a layer with expressions controls in my final comp but if I pick whip from a precomp layer to my layer with expression controls in my final comp I get this error: After Effects warning: Bad argument: Couldn’t find layerd named ‘Adjustment Layer 1’. Now the problem is I’ve done this before with success (and a lot of you guys to). If I put my expression controls layer in the same comp where I pick whip I don’t get this error. So the problem is the ‘communication’ from precomp to maincomp. I hope you guys understand the problem and can help me. Ty

You can write a little expression,this example is for a color control :

comp(“MainCompositionName”).layer(“LayerName”).effect(“Color”)(“Color”)

You need to change the “…” to match your maincomp name,layer name and the name of the expression control.

Ty but nope… Still the same error.

What kind of control are you building?

You most likely have two or more comps with the same name and After Effects is looking in the wrong one.

felt_tips SAYS
You most likely have two or more comps with the same name and After Effects is looking in the wrong one.

+1. I think the same.

felt_tips said

Yep, that was the problem. Ty Felt.
Unbelievable that such small things can make you crazy.
Three claps and a biscuit for you.

DsignProductions said
felt_tips said

Yep, that was the problem. Ty Felt.
Unbelievable that such small things can make you crazy.
Three claps and a biscuit for you.

Don’t bother about the claps, but you can pop the biscuit along with a cup of tea in an envelope and mail it to me. :smiley: