Catastrophe in May 2019!

The simplest removal of a watermark! Here. :slight_smile: :point_down:

1 Like

Any interference with the audio file affects its quality. I doubted that after removing a watermark, the quality of the file will remain at its best. So do not worry

@LapAudioZ Thank you for your message! But let’s go back to this topic!
All questions on the audio watermark, I have indicated in my post above!
Thank you for understanding!

Yeah!! Envato’s authors have now made over $750M in total community earnings! “But Not For Me”

2 Likes

I understand your thoughts, I would really like to agree with you, But I must tell the truth, Only this can give an objective perception.

For me, the month of May was very even profitable, this is personally in my case. It seems to me that many authors and whose sales are good and if they increase they do not report this on the forum, because this may seem like a boast. Many successful authors do not even go to these posts, because they have a lot to do besides all this, I think. Also, if they even read, they do not want to go against a large number of negative comments and they just close the page. Therefore, it that objective perception is lost.

Personally, I do not see much point in talking about low sales here, because it does not help the situation.
I would advise you to make a schedule for yourself and work constantly gradually increasing the quality, the quality of the content is very important, once I called one track incorrectly, but it still sold, after I corrected the name, it sold even more.

Of course, we all observe a drop in sales, but there are people who make good money even on these difficult days

If I offended you with words, Sorry I didn’t want to.

Good Luck!

3 Likes

@SmartSounds Hi, thanks for your feedback and support! Because income for me this month is 6 times lower than usual, I seriously thought that this should not be (working at a loss here and it is not clear for whom). While I am waiting for the status of non-exclusive (it remains quite a bit to wait), but since I left without a salary here in May, I no longer consider this a serious place(AJ) to make money.

4 Likes

The worst month in last three years… unbelievable

1 Like

5 years, $1k from 6th level, and I am done with exclusive here. Too much effort I put into nothing. Uploading my stuff to the void is not really motivating neither profitable, and Envato does not support niche authors at all.
Enjoy your upbeat & uplifting inspiring indie ukulele folk corporate party here. :wave:

6 Likes

You are right!

By the way, I don’t know why no one paid attention to this, but one post from one author made me think, is this also some kind of experiment that takes place not so often (1 time in 1-2 years? Well, something like screening.

I checked all the links and I think that this is something like “selection of new groups of authors”.

If you do not understand what I am talking about, explanation: The paradox is that every year a certain group of authors write about a sharp decline in sales (and this reduction is unreasonable). Well, for example: the author lived for himself, worked for Envato, and suddenly in one month he earned 6-10 times less than usual, although this author uploaded items as much (stable and nothing foretold the failure of the sales). This is in my opinion schematically (or automatically) if you conduct a study and every year if you believe the data on the links above.
Something like that: “let’s make money this month (others will be added next year) for a gift to the boss (another group of authors will earn faster, more reliable)”.
Just my thoughts! What do you think ?

I think you want this to be an answer to this frustrating time but really I suspect the market has shifted.

1 Like

Yes, sadly I agree. Since Envato are persisting at giving exclusive artists the finger by continuing to advertise the competition all over their items and refusing to engage in any kind of conversation about it, I guess it’s time to talk with the feet. My advice to all who’s sales have plummeted this last 6 months or so is to unexclusify your butt and spread your music all over the internet. As long as you avoid those exploitative subscription models and ask a fair price for your goods, I’m sure that you’ll find out that Audio Jungle isn’t the be all and end all of stock music market places.

Hi @gballx! Thank you for your reply, I always respect your opinion!
But this is repeated every year systematically (this is indicated by the statistics of the data in the links to the post of the author, above). I tend to doubt.
The market has certainly changed, but there are some things that we have not noticed before.

Well if that’s true, then it’s obvious that I am not in the “Happy AJ authors 2019” list :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: lol

1 Like

Hi @criskcracker ! Thanks for your reply!
We need to look for other solutions, because the work that the authors here should also pay off and something to earn. It is easiest to leave (to give all our merits and achievements here to another market called “Elements”!)

No! We must fight!:facepunch:

By your logic: “Come here and help the market here, and then fail with anything (it doesn’t matter that you contributed here (worked for 2.5 years or someone more), you have no right to say something against the market, get out! Come to the second market and also get out!”
We need to fight here, we are not the “last” people here! I think so!

Just know one thing that the authors have made this market so successful, Envato has no items at all (all items of authors here (on Envato)!

Just my thoughts! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi CMA. We have been trying to communicate solutions to Envato for months, only to find a brick wall where there should be ears. I guess my question to you is, for how long can you stand to be repeatedly kicked and ignored by Envato before you decide that enough is enough. Exclusivity is a special kind of relationship, one which goes two ways, but at the moment Envato are taking it for granted. When you sell exclusively, you put your trust in Envato to provide the best platform on which to sell your goods, but I don’t feel like they’re doing a great job of keeping up their end of the bargain at the moment. Once that relationship is no longer mutually beneficial, and they refuse to open up a dialogue to try and resolve the situation, then perhaps that is the time to say that enough really is enough.

You’re right, we must always fight for what we think is right and fair. We are fighting right now for the same thing I think: For Envato to do the right thing and stop advertising competitive products on our items (amongst other things).

My logic isn’t to run at the first sign of trouble and I’ve spent a fair amount of my time trying to fight this thing in these forums. My logic is that I don’t have an emotional attachment to Envato which allows me to make decisions for my business based on the statistics and, it has to be said, trial and error. Becoming unexclusive is not a permanent state. It is totally reversible, but I get that it is a harder decision to make for elite authors because of the drop in share percentage, and the time put into it as you mention. Of course it’s not a choice to make lightly, but we do have that choice available to us.

3 Likes

Thank you! I have a question for you.
But you did not notice or did not see what is happening here. Why didn’t you give your answer, in support of the authors?

You keep silent there, I think you saw this topic (it is first on the list of trends)?

Also, I have a second question.

Have you booked a plane ticket to a meetup? (June 2019)? What do you say there?

Thank you! :slight_smile:

I haven’t seen that thread. To be honest, I only really check the audio jungle forum, but I agree wholeheartedly with this post by @MojoSoundtrack

2 Likes

@CleanMagicAudio We’re also petitioning for newest items here: #Newest Items PLEASE

Haha I see no reason why anyone would waste their money on meeting Envato, and hearing their top selling items authors present on how things are great. Lol. I would much rather go to a competing markets meetup once they start making those, cause uhm they actually care about their authors.

2 Likes

Thank you for your answer, I understand your point of view! I am always glad to your visit! :wink:

1 Like