Can someone convert me an EPS file into a PSD one ?

Hi,

I have a file which is in an EPS format but I don’t have Illustrator or any other software to open it… I just have Phosothop and I would like to be able to edit it in Photoshop. First of all, can someone tell me if it’s possible to convert an EPS file into a PSD one by keepping the layers ? And if it’s possible, is there someone who can convert it for me ?

I would be really happy and it could help me… A LOT!

Or if you know a free software to do this, please tell me :slight_smile: !

Thanks,
Axel

axool said

Hi,

I have a file which is in an EPS format but I don’t have Illustrator or any other software to open it… I just have Phosothop and I would like to be able to edit it in Photoshop. First of all, can someone tell me if it’s possible to convert an EPS file into a PSD one by keepping the layers ? And if it’s possible, is there someone who can convert it for me ?

I would be really happy and it could help me… A LOT!

Or if you know a free software to do this, please tell me :slight_smile: !

Thanks,
Axel

Normally, converting EPS to layered PSD is not a simple job.
You better offer a image link, some body may be help.(you can just open eps file by using photoshop)

Thanks for the information! I really thought that it was a really simple work, just like : Someone open it in Illustrator and save it as a PSD… But after some searches and your answer, I don’t think that it’s that easy.

It’s a GraphicRiver file so I am not allowed to put a link to the file… But I’ll try to figure out by myself in the demo version of Illustrator (I am actually downloading it).

Thanks!
Axel

You are welcome.
Normally, you may copy every part from illustrator and paste in photoshop.

Ok, thank you very much for the help! I asked someone to convert it, and you are right : I get almost all of the layers but, for example, I can’t edit the text layer in Photoshop… But it’s not a big deal, it will be, for me, the opportunity to try something new (Illustrator).

actually if the file is already layered in illustrator: just export to psd and the layers will still be layered in photoshop as well as in illustrator.
ps. while saving the illustrator if you click “editable text” you also can edit the text.

Send it to me, I will convert it. But soon, because I am going back home. If I didn’t send it to you today, I will send it to you tomorrow.

Hi,

Thank you very much for all of your help! I really like the Envato Community for that!

@realisticgraphic : thank you very much but the author of the file answered to my email and will send me the PSD version really soon!

For my thinking is that not directly convert option in illustrator to Photoshop with same separation layer but we are do all so illustrator work convert in Photoshop copy and past Photoshop layer…