AudioJungle Sales Monitor 2

Hi @WaveToys !

I was expecting criticism. :slight_smile: But I have long wanted to express honestly about this author and my subjective opinion.

The fact is that this author talks about audiostocks for free in great detail (especially when a new audio stock appears and he has income there). He immediately shouts about it to the whole world (his popular YouTube channel). This was the last time when a new stock VFMusic just opened, we lost in income from his chatty videos (instantly on the day his video was released on YouTube). Every student came there and the income dropped. It was on his channel several more times. Why I don’t like this YouTube author? Because he throws an ax on our leg. Not only him (but I criticize everyone who does such “disservice”). Well, if he makes money and is doing well on the new audiostock in terms of sales and profits, then why shout to the whole world about this? (YouTube is watching the whole world!)

P.S. I recognized him well and remembered him by his “long beard”(two years ago). :joy:
But this is just my subjective opinion! I could be wrong!

1 Like

Because he can make even more money on his course “How to make 500-1000$ making stock music”. No one is really giving anything for free, it’s either promotion or “demo” for some premium paid content. His free videos are probably just a hook to buy his course or something, this is how these things always work. :wink: You watch free content, you become interested because it has a value for you, and eventually some people who want to learn more will buy the course.

Like I’ve said, I haven’t checked him out. I’m just explaining generally how this business models work 99% of the time and why it exists. Everybody wants to earn money, I doubt someone is spending time making videos and building websites just to be helpful to everyone with nothing in return. You get something for free, you are hooked and want more and exclusive content, you pay :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is exactly the case! I have not seen any of his paid courses, he told everything on YouTube, absolutely free! In my opinion, there is no logic in his videos, except for attracting competitors! Or multiple YouTube subscribers!

Oh I see now, it is free indeed. But you have to sign up on his website to get it. That way he has your email, and you will sign up to a newsletter where he would probably eventually offer something to buy.
All I see he is selling publicly now is tea cups, shirts and other similar things with his logo. That’s another way to earn money but there is probably something premium and paid coming in the future for you to buy. This is how these things always work.
He is definitely in online course business, that’s for sure :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ahahahah. You made my day! :joy: The mood is super! Thanks! Good luck to you! :wink:

1 Like

I highly doubt this is connected at all. Most of his followers are authors like you and me, there isn’t a lot of customers following him. I doubt he has the power to shift such traffic from one marketplace to another. For this you would need millions of subscribers or viral video watched by people that actually buy on these marketplaces.

There are a lot of things and people to blame for this, but don’t worry, he is not the one for sure. :slight_smile:

1 Like

One sale per week, there is no motivation to keep uploading…

6 Likes

What about Elements? I am curious how things are going for you there, hopefully, better.

3 Likes

I can breathe because of Elements, at least…
But AJ, i think the 5$ finally killed this place. That was the last nail in the coffin…

7 Likes

Don’t give up doing what you love, things will get better at some point!

4 Likes

Yeah, Elements killed it too, it’s all a matter of perspective. They won, we lose, that’s for sure. It’s probably about time we all $5 the hell out of this wreckage.

4 Likes

Hi there, I am AJ author since last year. Can someone explain a bit about the history of this $5 issue?
How was the practice before with item prices and when it started to decrease or when the first $5 buckers appeared? And what was an average or usual price for a 3-4 minutes track before?
What was the initial spark for that (if there’s one).

Before 2018 the prices were automatically set according the length of the track by pre-stablished tiers. If I’m not mistaken it was something like this:

• From 0 to 0:59 - $12
  • From 1:00 to 1:59 - $15
  • From 2:00 or above: $19

That way the customers made their choices guided only by quality, fit-to-project, exact length coincidence, flexibility, etc. For a short time ADP worked pretty well, but we knew it will eventually become a race to the bottom and it did. Today you can sort by price and easily have 4 or 5 pages in almost any genre packed with $5 tracks. Put Elements and its unlimited downloads for a price that’s way cheaper than a standard track on top of that and voilà: the livelihood of thousands of musicians goes down the drain.

8 Likes

Boo- hoo-hoo :smiley:

3 Likes

Hahahahah! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

do you guys think they are already taking action?

NO - Envato takes their cut, $4 Buyer Fee from every sale then takes the Author Fees. They have already taken action, closed the Elements doors to Audio Jungle Authors and kept the chosen ones happy, promoted hot cheap tracks and ignored what the community wants Envato to look at.

Fair enough - it’s their platform.

BTW Who is FWDesign? I cannot see their profile on Audio Jungle.

5 Likes

Hi, on 2021/01/30 I wrote a message directly to @hichameassi to signal that a lot of things are going wrong actually on AJ. The main topic I pointed out, was the $5 problem. I also provides some constructively proposals, what envato could do without breaking any laws.
The main thing is (I guess): Be constructively. Make some reasonable proposals, which could help.

Hichame was answering me 2 days later. Very kindly and very constructively. He is aware of the problems. We should consider, that he is part of envato for a few months and AJ is only one part of the company. I got the impression, that he has the willing to help us. he didn’t make any short-term-empty-promises. He is in discussions with the responsible staff at envato.

I assume, that one of the first results could be the survey in the Why are we doing this thread - but I’m not sure.

For me personally, I want reasonable long term solutions - that takes time maybe. I also don*t expect, that we can turn the time backwards. I guess, we will not get the conditions back that AJ had, before the $5 and Elements problem appeared.

And I also don’t expect, that every proposal, which an AJ member made regarding to this problem will be considered.

I guess, we need a bit of patience now.

6 Likes

We’ve been warning and begging for years for things to change around here, so don’t be too optimistic, you’ll probably end up disappointed… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

not sure if they’re reading this thread