AudioJungle Sales Monitor 2

All we have to say is “Enough is enough”! But do we? I think not.

2 Likes

Worst month since I joined. 1 measly sale for all of August.

New CEO is interesting but I can’t help be reminded of The Who “Meet the new boss, same as the old boss”.

3 Likes

The unknown is frightening. Even if there is a new boss, it is not a fact that everything will change, there may be a completely different effect of which no one knows in advance. Everything can get much worse or better, depending on what innovations the new boss introduces.
There is a proverb: “God forbid you to live in an era of change!”

Super low sales right now, let’s hope the new boss doesn’t drop a new ax on our feet! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

He can axe me all he wants, I’m all splinters at this point :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

What about: the minimum price per track is $ 0.00000000001? :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Is the boss a guy then? Have they said who it is yet?

2 Likes

The new CEO should be someone of this forum.

2 Likes

August is going to end, (fortunately, or i think so…)
Let´s see what comes with September, but i dont expect sales till mid september, more or less.

I used this time for some of my hobbies, i hope you mates did the same. It´s good to keep your mind fresh and clear.

Good luck to all in September!

23 Likes

There is not enough money for such a hobby with my sales…

5 Likes

Yesterday I saw a video of a guy who has 70 tracks in elements. Two months and earnings 78 dollars. Eeeeh???

4 Likes

Didin’t see that video but yeah, a couple of friends contributors told me they were making somewhere around $150, sometimes a lil bit more but not much… I thought WTF??? Really??? All this mayhem and damage to the non-invited for that? Moreover, think about the earnings they are losing merely for having their portfolio available for $0 (because, believe me, a huge amount of Elements customers were already subscribers for the other assets and used to buy the music separately). Anyway, it is what it is.

Good evening ladies and gentlemen and remember, for posts like this you’ll never make it to Elements nor the featured showcase. :tv::skull_and_crossbones:

7 Likes

Yeah - I just saw that video…surprised is all I can say.

2 Likes

Can you PM me a link? Or post it here?

It will be interesting to see if it improves much going forward, since he is going to grow his presence there and keep reporting back. I was shocked by the poor takings too.
He uses the old adage that it’s an extra source of income for him, but I wonder if he will come to realise that his smaller Elements income is slowly replacing his larger AJ income.
Soundtrickz quipped, the stock music market is the place where musicians come to die. It would seem Elements is where stock music musicians go to die, and take everyone else down with them.

On topic: Made a sale! (Back on the 9th August.)

4 Likes

Just out of curiosity. How are other stock markets doing? I wont say names.i believe is kinda prohibited to promote other markets. We may count that the market is flooded with new authors.The pandemy hysteria drove everyone towards online markets. I have listening to some of the recent rejection posted here.No offense guys.90% are preposterous. Not kissing any asses here but reviewers had really tough days.

Spot on. Smaller Elements incomes will eventually replace larger AJ income, not a shade of doubt about it IMO, though as usual I so hope I’m wrong. Stating the obvious, the more they grew the authors payroll (and they’re certainly moving in that direction because the platform hungers for that), the smaller the pie slices for all of us, Elements and non-Elements.

Personally, what keeps things rolling for me are nothing but the extended licenses. We market authors have no voice whatsover anymore so it’s up to the contributors to keep broadcast licenses out of the deal, because they will try to knock that down too sooner or later.

Ding! Another nail in my Elements invitation coffin. :slight_smile: :coffin:

1 Like

Despite the fact that since the beginning of the year my portfolio has almost tripled, today I set the record for the year for no sales. More than 13 days and lack of funds for withdrawal. In September it will be exactly 1 year since I started uploading music. So far, everything looks very sad. A year ago, the prospects seemed more significant. Is anyone experiencing the same disappointment?

3 Likes

I’ve seen a downturn in every market in which I participate. But, having said that, I’m also seeing ALL the marketplaces starting to recover - some quicker than others, some more slowly.

1 Like

Finally you guys are starting to wake up :slight_smile:

I rememeber last year writing about the Elements danger and all I’ve seen were happy authors that were invited to be part of Elements and in the beggining getting that bigger bonus, I was what the heck this guys are nuts, they are happy to sell them self for a 300-500$ bonus…

I wonder how many are still happy now!!! basically Elements has killed A.J. and irony is that it has killed it with the same content from A.J… funny and sad at the same time.

The Elements banner is an offense to me personally, I’ve been here from the beggining and helped Envato to be what it is now and my voice is hitting the walls, even support said to me so that I understand, Elements is here to stay! and it is a priority for us!

The way I see it the entire marketplaces are sinking, Elements might be a gold mine for Envato but on the long run it will destroy this awesome marketplace that we all love, it already started… and once qualit authors are gone from this place they will nto come back… they will find other oportunities, I hope the new CEO will start seeing this and start to fix things slowly and stop this madness.

10 Likes

I’m not surprised by his results. I am horrified though. Let me try to put this in perspective:

Even though this has been a pretty bad month overall for sales… I was fortunate to get 1 (higher tier) sale on AJ this month. I made more from that ONE sale than he made from his entire elements portfolio. Even worse, he doesn’t have any information about who downloaded his tracks, or how many times they were downloaded. As he went through items earning pages in that video, at the bottom I noticed that there were a few tracks that literally made him 1 cent. Think about that. He may have had over 5000 downloads to get to that $78.

I had 1.

Please everyone - be HAPPY that you weren’t invited to Elements.

I have spoken.

10 Likes