AudioJungle Sales Monitor 2

Is that right? I thought there was a minimum Envato fee but if you charge above the minimum price level they get a share of the additional income. But I might have got that wrong.

1 Like

Once again it needs to be said: Sales rankings should be based on revenue, not number of items sold.

6 Likes

You can experiment to understand how it works if you go to the edit price item page.

This is so true if we want AJ to be towards a pro music site oriented bias place instead of a spammy tricky music lego producers one

3 Likes

Well now… quite dead these sales in november.
Something wrong?

3 Likes

No views, no sales…

Tracks are gathering virtual dust for over a week now.

4 Likes

Hello, Hello, Check, Check, is this THING still alive?
New tracks - no sales
Old tracks that where sold very well last month - no sales

Google Analytics shows a big drop since last week, but getting better from day to day.
So let´s predict: Two sales in the evening today :wink:

7 Likes

A second sale in two days from a repeat customer, who also bought a track from me last month. Always nice to see clients coming back. I have to say it’s a great start for me this month, but I won’t delude myself that it will continue like this. For now I’m just enjoying the high.

11 Likes

I checked out what happens with three price points:

5 dollars

I get 0.65 dollars
Envato gets 4.35 dollars

10 dollars

I get 3.9 dollars
Envato gets 6.1 dollars

20 dollars

I get 10.4 dollars
Envato gets 9.6 dollars

So unless I’ve got this wrong I think Envato does get more per sale if the price is higher, although it’s true that the author suffers more if it’s the minimum possible price.

1 Like

imagen
Yes you are in reason. There is an author fee based on lifetime earnings wich is a percentage of the total price so i was wrong. I can’t believe after so many years how confused I am to certain topics like these. But well, never too late to improve a bit my knowledge!

2 Likes

So yes at the end of the story Envato also loses in these dumping game of thrones game so what is gonna be next?. Maybe we will have to pay to host our tracks in this site?

1 Like

I can’t find topic where was days of approval tracks ?

@WildLion_Production Audiojungle review queue length now?

yes!

Very few sales as before. :-1:

5 Likes

Maybe a bit of casual racism is acceptable where you come from, but I’m pretty sure it doesn’t belong on this forum.

6 Likes

Envato have always lived in the budget end of the market. Even when they had fixed pricing, $19 for a 2 minute track was cheap as chips. I think their focus has always been small price, large customer base, which works for them. As you pointed out, they have their fixed fee which guarantees their purses are filled.
It’s interesting to look at @PaulGraves calculations, because it seems that at the bottom end of pricing in the marketplace, if you quadruple the price, Envato only doubles their cut, so with that in mind, it’s not surprising that Envato doesn’t discourage price dumping if their authors are happy to make 65¢ per sale. I’m just guessing here, but perhaps they think that having a bunch of tunes available at $5 (whoops! let’s not forget the extra fees at the checkout which Envato staples on at the last minute, so $7.20) will bring in more customers and increase their overall revenue. Price dumping doesn’t, however, do anything to help our revenue. In fact, it does the exact opposite.

On-topic: Absolutely dead. Boo hoo hoo! :smiley:

4 Likes

October was good month for me, but November is really slow.

3 Likes

hm, yes, obviously, Envato gets more per sale if your price is higher… but your figures shows that your percentage is higher if your prices are higher…

So in the end, you give more to Envato if you price your items at 5 rather than 20…

2 Likes

Hey, for some reason, after several months without a single sale, suddenly two sales in a row, for old items. Well… Good start for this month, but I guess they will be the only sales…

3 Likes